First Whole 30 starting on 1/21!

Stormy1323

A few friends and I are embarking on Whole 30 in less than a week and I'm not sure about them but I'm anxious! My biggest fear is the loss of sugar, something I'm without a doubt addicted to. I even had a plan to keep "emergency dates" for sugar cravings when I read somewhere around Day 8 of Day by Day that advises against it. Great. Here's hoping I'll tame my sugar dragon and complete this thing and maybe keep it going after day 30...

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Stormy1323 said:

A few friends and I are embarking on Whole 30 in less than a week and I'm not sure about them but I'm anxious! My biggest fear is the loss of sugar, something I'm without a doubt addicted to. I even had a plan to keep "emergency dates" for sugar cravings when I read somewhere around Day 8 of Day by Day that advises against it. Great. Here's hoping I'll tame my sugar dragon and complete this thing and maybe keep it going after day 30...

Ya, it's definitely not recommended to feed that sugar craving but if you can't kill it at first with distraction, eat something fatty and salty like olives... don't give it sugar in the form of fruit or dried fruit and while nuts may be considered fatty and salty, they're actually kinda in the same category as fruit and dried fruit so try not to rely on them to prop that sugar craving up either... the only way to kill the dragon is to starve him and he doesn't know the difference between dates and a snickers bar, he only knows he got what he wanted... don't give it!

Archived