Whole30 -> vacation -> Whole30 readaptation

madmatty75

On day 19 today, and feeling great going into the home stretch.  4 days after my whole30 ends, I'll be on a resort in Jamiaca.  I'm planning on being very careful with what I eat there, as I'm afraid of getting sick from eating crappy foods, as my body seems to really like eating whole foods.  Since I won't have time to have a normal reintroduction, I'm thinking when I return from my trip I will go back into the plan for a set period of time TBD (10-30 days.  I'm assuming that when I return to plan it will take little to no time to readapt to fat as primary fuel.  Can anyone confirm this or offer any suggestions for what I'm planning?  TIA! 

Following this as I am in the same boat (literally, I'm going on a cruise 6 days after I finish mine). I too am worried about stomach issues eating cruise food. Luckily, I've been on a cruise for the past two years and the food hasn't been too tempting, so I like to think I'll be ok sticking to bland food.

• 2 weeks later...

Following thread as I'm also in a similar situation!  My Whole30 ends Feb. 5th (I started on Jan. 7th)...I  then have 8 days before I head to Jamaica on the 14th for 5 days.  Concerned about stomach issues...feeling crappy, etc.  Thoughts and suggestions appreciated!  I would like to try and be somewhat "Whole30-ish" during the trip (fresh fruits and veggies, eggs, chicken...) and then possibly jump back on another Whole30 when I return on the 18th.   I've had some real success and just don't want to see it all go up in smoke!!

Try to reintro the things you are most likely to eat.  Say, dairy and non-gluten grains (depending on who you are, what strikes your fancy, what kinds of foods are likely to be there).   

https://whole30.com/step-two-finished/

@AByrd42: You have almost 10 days to do reintros, you could do something like follow the template but not reintro gluten grains.  (Or, if you're curious, reintro those first....just in case they have some undesired effects, you won't be feeling them the day you leave for your trip.) Or do a pretty full reintro but only do 1 day in between reintros.

@pennylane14: You could reintro a couple things, but only give a day or two in between instead of 2-3.

@madmatty75: Looks like I'm too late to offer any real advice, but good luck and have fun.

Archived