March 15th start date. 2nd round for me 1st for fiancé.

AR3825

It seems like a far future start date, but we are nearing the end of nursing school for my fiancé who is earning an LPN. As someone who has completed courses up to my masters I know better than to start anything like this smack dab in the middle of a final semester so we are waiting for her to finish.

As for myself, I teach orchestra at 2 middles schools, play violin professionally, play in the percussion section of our community band, on occasion sing in church choir, and I am in the second semester of helping run a youth symphony in our community. I have hit my stride in my 5th year of teaching, and cut having to do masters degree work (since Im finished) and teaching privately on top of the other activities. My days really aren’t as difficult as they sound, unless I don’t get enough sleep.

I’m excited, but also going to hate myself in the morning. I don’t know if it’s the added sugar in my coffee, my ADD, stress, my increased screen time, the fact that our first youth symphony rehearsal of the second semester is “technically” today, me excitedly tearing through all the resources I didn’t read the first time (big mistake, I Leroy Jenkins’ed my way into my first whole 30) or all of the above, but Im not sleepy. I am tired, but not sleepy.

Side note: I am also slightly bitter about the being able to eat all potatoes thing because after my first whole 30 in 2014 eating only sweet potatoes, it is safe to say that I still hate sweet potatoes to this day. I’m glad I can eat other potatoes and I’m sure I’ll get over being bitter, but I also had to laugh a little and think to myself, “Well, at least I have more potato options now.”

Anyway, I’m glad to be here and so is my fiancé. It’s been cool to go through this process together and talk through how we are going to spend the next 2 months in preparation for it. I am trying to mentally prepare myself for the food dreams. The one I had on my first one was about a garlic bread-soft pretzel hybrid slathered in that cheese sauce they served with pretzels on top of the melted cheese that can come on garlic bread. I know it probably wasn’t that bad but I can almost remember being in a hot tub of this bread that I’m not sure truly exists in reality, but it felt like the bread and cheese hot tub did happen. I’m not discounting it because I have this dream on occasion where Goku helps me stop the apocalypse. I’m also pretty sure that movie Hot Tub Time Machine was in theaters or still heavily into the previews. Thanks for reading all of this!

I just wanted to add that ice cream is going to be hard, because that was the gateway food. Honestly ice cream has been a reward and comfort since I was being potty trained. I don’t know how much money my sister spent on Braums ice cream throughout that period, but obviously it worked. I almost want to cry over the ice cream, but I found dairy iswhat’s causing my medical bills to go up between 2 nasal sprays, 2 inhalers (one Breo and the other the emergency inhaler), Zyrtec, allergy shots, sinus wash and Omeprazole for the post nasal drip/acid reflux from heck if I don’t take them.

Archived