W30: Start date 1/5/19

Eliza8

I'm on day 16 of my first whole 30. So far I've really been enjoying it. I found the benefits came really early for me. I was feeling so much better--great concentration/focus, no digestive issues, more energy, better sleep, feeling satisfied with my meals. Right now I'm struggling with some GI distress, lots of bloating and a feeling like things are stuck. My eating hasn't changed so I'm not quite sure what's going on. I'm easing up on fibrous vegetables and focusing on eating good well-balanced meals, but it's getting hard when my stomach is so painful and uncomfortable. I do feel really determined to keep going, and I plan to finish the 30 days, potentially extending it if I still feel like I could get some benefits from continuing. 

• Moderators

Be sure you're drinking plenty of water -- aim for 1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so a 120-lb person needs at least 60 oz each day.

Cooked vegetables can be easier to digest than raw, so if you've been eating a lot of raw ones, maybe switch to mostly cooked for a while.

Be sure you're adding one or two of the fat options listed on the meal template at each meal, generally in addition to whatever you cook in.

Thank you, appreciate it! A sample day of food:

B: coffee blended with 1 teaspoon coconut oil and 1 scoop grass fed gelatin, 2 egg omelet with broccoli, parsley, and a few small pieces of chicken

L: chicken salad (~1/3 c) in half a butternut squash, ~1/2 c roasted broccoli, 1/2 c roasted baby potatoes on the side

D: whole 30 meatloaf, 1/4 raw green pepper, 2 raw carrots, ~1/3 c roasted broccoli 

My digestion has been really slow these past couple days and my stomach is so bloated! It might be all that broccoli, now that I see that. Going to ease off of it today.

Archived