New Paleo Moms' Whole30 Log!

MommaMawby

That sounds smart, bonnynancy!

I'm more than a little nervous about the re-intro period & a super bowl party to attend on Feb. 3rd. I may just make it a Whole 34 and start with the re-intro on Monday, 2/4 (I started on 1/1). I think trying to manage a party while I'm NOT in the restrictive phase of this program might be a bit too much for me to handle just 3 days out.

I will be taking some bean-less chili and other compliant foods so it's just really the mental aspects of it that I'll have to control.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 25. And I am through!

Through with the blah's and the apathy, the boredom and the tedium and the sick-of-all-this whining.

I see the finish line ahead. I am going to make it because I cannot accepting letting myself down. After all, I did this for me.

It's funny because I have been feeling very blah the last few days too (I'm on day 26). Not ready to give up, just not as peppy. But I realize I am PMS, and that how I'm feeling is probably related to this not the plan. I am trying to remind myself that our bodies go through ups and downs each month and that's no reason to give up our healthy lifestyle. I read on the forum that starchy carbs are good for PMS so I have been including sweet potatoes and bananas every day. I am looking forward to feeling better in a few days and definitely not giving up!

Good luck in the next week ladies! Sounds like you're all doing great 😃

Day 26. Oh my gosh! I'm almost done! Well, not exactly done since I plan to carry on with as clean a diet as possible ad infinitum, but almost ready to say, "I've done a Whole30."

I am completely confident I will make it to the finish line. I have a whole chicken brothing up in the crockpot. I have makings for a mass meatball cook-up, a double batch of homemade mayo and a big tub of my current favorite -- Nom Nom Paleo's World's Best Braised Cabbage -- in the fridge. I'm going to whip up some homemade salsa and guacamole today.

I've been reading up on Paleo (and w30 approved) sauces to jazz things up a bit. Anxious to try some good BBQ sauce and Sunshine sauce. And how about some Hollandaise to brighten up those eggs in the morning?

I am so glad I hung in through the rough patches....

Day 27

Made a nice roasted chicken for dinner last night with a fresh salad. Used the broth and leftover meat for a chicken soup, which I finished cooking this morning and packed in hubby's lunch with more of the aforementioned salad. And then I had some soup for breakfast. Yum!

Last night I stared down a sprinkly bit of cupcake that another family member did not finish eating. In the old days that little tidbit would have been down my hatch in the blink of an eye. I chucked it in the trash. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I finished yesterday! A little sad that I have been sick the last week, so I wasn't able to really be triumphant in how I feel right now. BUT...I am so proud of myself for actually making it a whole 30 days! I weighed myself just out of curiosity and weigh less than I have in 5 years 😊. However, that just seems like a side benefit compared to the real gift this challenge has given me. And that is the realization that I really am in charge of what I put in my body. Seems like an easy concept but one I haven't been able to master before. Oh, and the fact that I can go 5 hours between meal is amazing!

I really have no desires as far as reintroductions of dairy, beans, and grains go, but I would like to have the occasional piece of dark chocolate or something sweetened with honey or maple syrup. I thought I'd try it out today, so with my lunch of sautéed beef, onions, peppers, and avocado, I tried a coconut "cookie" I got for my daughter at Whole Foods. Seemed innocent enough since it was organic and only contained coconut, honey, macadamia nuts, pineapple,, and lemon. Wow! It tasted terrible! One bite was enough. My mouth felt coated in sweetness and it sent a buzz to my head immediately. I guess our tastes really change after such clean eating. I'll be interested to see if my beloved dark chocolate is still so beloved.

I'd love to hear how everyone else's reintroductions go. It's Paleo for me going forward!

I feel just the same way, junelily. I couldn't have said it better.

I did weigh in, and I am down 12.5 lbs. I feel good. And I don't have an ache or a pain anywhere in my body. (Didn't I used to walk with a limp? Nah -- couldn't have been me!)

Hubby's blood glucose has been well under control -- and he didn't even do a Whole30... more like a Half20! He is also down a few lbs. and feeling pretty chipper.

All in all, this has been a very worthwhile experiment. Did it change my life? Well, yeah. I am now firmly on the path to better health and a much more enjoyable existence. And that is not the path I was on when this thing started!

Archived