Soak peanut oil-covered cashews?

msmirnio

Folks,

I bought this big tub of cashews and realized that they have peanut oil (that's what 3 hours roaming Costco will do to your focus). I realize this is a long shot but since most of the recipes I want with cashews call to soak them for hours, any way that lots of soaking in water can negate the peanut oil? Maybe rinse with vinegar before the soak? Obviously I don't understand the complexities of nut production :)

If you are planning on soaking them, I think those recipes generally call for raw cashews. Are these raw? It may foil your attempts for a successful recipe.

However, I don't think soaking them will negate the peanut oil as the oil would have been soaked up during roasting.

Folks,

I bought this big tub of cashews and realized that they have peanut oil (that's what 3 hours roaming Costco will do to your focus). I realize this is a long shot but since most of the recipes I want with cashews call to soak them for hours, any way that lots of soaking in water can negate the peanut oil? Maybe rinse with vinegar before the soak? Obviously I don't understand the complexities of nut production

You could stick them in a ziplock and freeze them for later when you reintroduce legumes. :)

Archived