Lost my job while on Whole30

Mbostwick06

I started my first Whole30 journey on January 10th 2019. I was finally getting through the rough days and starting to see how easy it really can be. Then on January 21st, day 12 of my program, I unexpectedly was let go from my job. As a single 31 year old, this came as a big blow. My cravings kicked in hard core. I am so proud to say that it has now been 3 days since this happened and I have not  yet once caved to my cravings. Whole30 has given me something to focus on during this extremely hard time. I am now on day 15 and halfway through. I am hoping that I am able to finish the program without a job, due to the expense of the fresh food.

I am beyond proud of myself that  I was able to make it through the hardest day of my life, thus far, and not give into  cravings and I was able to keep the promise to myself that I was going to finish Whole30. If I was not only able to pick myself up after that devastating job loss WHILE sticking to my Whole30 plan without giving into cravings, I know I can do anything! I want to thank this program for helping to give me the strength to keep on going and knowing I don't need candy and pizza to make me feel better.

So sorry you are in this situation. You could have easily rationalized indulging in some off-plan comfort food, so you should definitely be very proud of yourself! Best of luck on Whole 30 and the job search. (And there's plenty of info on these boards and the internet at large on eating this way on a budget. Search for for things like "Whole30 budget" and "paleo cheap" etc. Eggs, ground beef, and frozen veggies are your friends!)

That's awesome you stuck with it, hope it's going great!  I found out on day 22 of my whole30 (this past wednesday) my salon is closing in less than two weeks and later that day when we were closing I fell in my clipper wires and face planted on the concrete floor, got a great bruise under my chin, ouch.  My first reaction wasn't food but it sure was a margarita floating in my mind, but my results have been so amazing there was no way I was robbing myself of this experience.  Here's to new chapters in our lives and having the clear mind to react in a calm and controlled manner, may something better be in the next chapter :D  

@Mbostwick06 Wow - that's really impressive! I'm sad that you're going through this and hope you land a new position soon. But, in the meantime, take some credit for your amazing NSV's! A slow cooker or Instant Pot can go a long way to help make really cheap cuts of meat into magic - hope you can access one of these of you don't currently have one.

@SavoraGG My thoughts would be going to a glass of wine :) totally get the margarita. Hope you heal well and also find a position very soon. Clear minds and calm energy are great supports when facing this kind of adversity.

Kudos to both of you and all the best moving forwar.

Archived