Whole30 in Russia 1/5/2013

KPopova

Hello Everyone!

Today is the first day of my first Whole30. I'm writing from Yakutsk in Siberia. I'm going to make the this work somehow, even though my veggie choices are a big limited. I'll be eating a lot of beets and cabbage I imagine.

I jumped into this immediately and honestly, I'm rather unprepared. I made the decision and started immediately the next morning because if I had taken the time to plan and think, I probably would have talked myself out of it. I'm looking forward to changing the way I'm eating!

Here's to the next 30 days!

Welcome! Please post some of your meals. I am very curious to see what you will be able to find. However, I know you will do GREAT on the Whole 30!!! I am finishing Day 4 and although it hasn't been easy, I am looking forward to the benefits I will receive by the end of this 30 days. Let me (or any of us on this forum) if you have any questions or just need support. Everyone here is wonderful and supportive!

Thanks for the welcome!

So far I've been eating a lot of eggs and some salo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salo). And as far as vegetables go, I made a salad from what they call "chinese cabbage" and carrots. The chinese cabbage seemed a lot like lettuce to me. I think the biggest problem is going to be finding vegetables to eat. Tomorrow I'm planning on making at Whole30 friendly borsch.

Archived