Just starting!

Marie380

In an effort to reduce my chronic and systemic inflammation, I'm going all in for the whole30 diet this month!

The hardest thing for me to give up is an after dinner sweet. Even if it's very small, I crave something sweet as a finishing taste.  I'm going to try to make fruit fill that craving, but if anyone has any other suggestions please help me out!.

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Marie380 said:

In an effort to reduce my chronic and systemic inflammation, I'm going all in for the whole30 diet this month!

The hardest thing for me to give up is an after dinner sweet. Even if it's very small, I crave something sweet as a finishing taste.  I'm going to try to make fruit fill that craving, but if anyone has any other suggestions please help me out!.

Okay so you might not like this but the only way to get over sugar cravings like needing something sweet after dinner is to not give in to them... while fruit is not a terrible option as a food, it's not a great idea to be using it to prop up a sugar craving after dinner... the whole30 not only changes what is on your plate but your relationship with food and it's good to be able to finish dinner and then be done without needing to have something sweet.  We definitely recommend against using fruit in this manner and instead folks will have a cup of tea or brush their teeth to signify the end of a meal instead.

It might be hard at first and you're not failing by having that fruit after dinner but really think about what you want to get out of the program and give yourself the opportunity to change that relationship.  It's not terrible to have something sweet after dinner on special occassions or when the time calls for it but you want that to be a choice you make not an action that is driven by a craving.

Archived