Great Value Frozen Dinners Gluten Free?

TCTC

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm checking for a friend who has celiac. I know the packaging says "grain free," but I need to check and see if that means it meets the qualifications for gluten free (as gluten can be found in flavorings and ground spices and such). Thanks in advance!

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Tia3 said:

Hi all,

I'm checking for a friend who has celiac. I know the packaging says "grain free," but I need to check and see if that means it meets the qualifications for gluten free (as gluten can be found in flavorings and ground spices and such). Thanks in advance!

Are you referring to the Whole30 approved items?  If so, they would be gluten free as that would be a non compliant item for the program and we wouldn't put our name on it.  If you're referring to something that is not from the Whole30 line, you'd need to contact the company to find out.

• Moderators

For someone with celiac, it's probably a good idea to contact the company to double check that there's no chance of cross-contamination. While there won't be gluten in the ingredients, I haven't seen any information on where these are processed, and while possible cross contamination wouldn't make these non-compliant for whole30, it could seriously impact someone with celiac disease.

If someone has seen a statement saying there's no chance of cross contamination, definitely let us know, I am not finding such a statement anywhere.

Archived