Day Zero

FairyL0u

Day 1:

Meal 1 - a bit dodgy truth be told, running late for medical appointment so no veg, just sliced turkey... oh well...

Meal 2 - huge amount of veg (green beans, broccoli, courgette, carrot) and some squid in olive oil

Meal 3 - pork chop, beetroot, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, roast cabbage, green beans :)

Lots of water, too much coffee, not enough fat.... 

Day 2 - no breakfast :( snow & ice & bad things in general  = steaming the lock off the shed to get my bike out then being obliged to walk parts of the way to work.

Meal 1(2) - lunch time - left over mutton curry & veg from the weekend, plus a boiled egg.

Meal 2(3) - tea time - salmon fillet, cabbage, broccoli, beetroot, green beans, Brussel sprouts :)

Most likely no run tonight because of the ice :(

Day 3 - meal 1 absent again, I have a cold & feel somewhat unwell...

Meal 2 (planned) 2/3 large eggs cooked in ghee, hashed together with leeks & mushrooms with broccoli & green beans

Meal 3 - duck confit, cabbage roasted with cumin, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, green beans, maybe some beetroot.

day 4 - new plan

Meal 1 -  far from ideal, can of tuna I've found in my desk with some pickled chili peppers...

Meal 2 - most likely some form of fish and vegetables

Meal 3 - fillet steak, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, green beans... possibly a sweet potato

There's too much ice to be able to go for after work runs this week but I'm really hoping it'll be OK for my long run tomorrow, we'll see - I'm not keen on slipping over so will skip it if conditions are bad :)

• 3 months later...

.... and I'm back.... 28 days left of a W30 pre-holiday reset

Breakfast = EGGS with mushrooms and peppers :)

Lunch = MASSIVE salad with some cooked veggies from last night, smoked trout, olives, tiny tiny tomatoes and perhaps an apple :)

Tea = Gammon steak, broccoli, b.sprouts, green beans... maybe some pineapple :)

Run = 6 miles planned, though likely to get wet :o

Nom..... 

so many eggs.....

roast pork yesterday with broccoli, b. sprouts, green beans. stewed apples.... Hake & tomato sauce Saturday was very tasty - tinned toms, olives, capers, lots of garlic & paprika & olive oil :)

today I feel very down - possibly a combination of rubbish weather at the weekend & Monday morning dread.... runs were appalling this weekend, I have no energy & just want to sleep, my actual bones feel like they are bruised - not sure what that's about really... oh well...

1. eggs & leftover tomato/olive/capery goodness

2. HUGE salad, inc. leftover cooked veg from yesterday, olives, onion, chicken  & hot sauce

3. home made burger (minced beef, tomato puree, chopped fresh chillies, paprika, onion & smoked garlic granules), roast cabbage w/cumin, broccoli, b.sprouts, beetroot, green beans :)

an apple, a clementine.

Bike = 10.5m, walk = 4m

Hope to feel better tomorrow ... onwards...

Meh...

1. eggs! and Mushrooms & broccoli rice 

2. Giant salad, added beetroot - more starchy veg to see if it helps mood/energy

3. chicken breast wrapped in trevelez ham, roast pepper, mushrooms, chillis, onions in olive oil, paprika, garlic

an apple

maybe some prunes.....

also - SO many spots. I am really truly sick of this, ever since the 2nd IVF I have had the most disgusting breakouts in the week leading up to ovulation - I really hope a period of W30 is going to help this, it is really getting me down.

1. EGGGGGGGGGGGSes

2. Salad w/chicken & beetroot & tomato & olive & onion & peppers

3. Pork chops w/ bacon, leek & mushroom w/sage, broccoli, b. sprouts & roasted cabbage

a lovely run (hopefully)

next week - not buying prunes as they appear to be addictive :)

1. Eggses - w/ mushrooms & leeks and bacon left over from yesterday

2. yet more chicken goodness & salad & veg

3. fillet steak, broccoli, b sprouts, g beans, roast cabbage w/cumin

bike = 10.4m

run tbc ~7m

yesterday's run was 6.2miles, a bit slow but still lovely :)

la la la la la la ....

It's sunny!

1. Sort of an omelette but with left over stewed plums from last nights roast dinner (I have stewed fruit instead of gravy when W30! delicious with Chinese 5 spice)

2. the ever-present chicken salad

3. left over lamb madras from Saturday with a huge pile of veg

bike = 10.5

walk = 4

this weekend:

run 1 (sat) = 10.5 in the rain, which was not nice, run 2 = 8.5 in the sun, which was much nicer. 5 mile walk back from the bee-field on sunday 

I've just read over your log here, and had so much fun imagining it spoken aloud in my mind's... ear?... with an accent.

Ahem, anyway, sorry for that bit :)

What I actually wanted to say is that I'll sometimes make latkes if I'm wanting pancakes, even when not doing Whole30. They're not flapjacks (or what I'd call pancakes), of course, and taste nothing like them... but they're veggie-packed and delicious, and there are definitely some compliant recipes out there for them.

As long as the recipe has minimal flour/starch and all compliant ingredients, it should be fine. If you don't know what they are, they're basically vegetable patties that are fried up in a bit of oil, similar to cooking a hamburger patty on the stove.

I'm actually scrolling through latke recipes this morning myself, hoping to find a new one for this week's meal plan.

Thank-you!

I'm British so a flapjack is actually a very differently addicting thing here, involving oats, butter, sugar and golden syrup baked in a tray and cut into bars of delicious chewy sugary buttery sweetness.... so very much NOT for anyone who's engaged in a W30 and probably not for anyone with long-term plans to keep their teeth/avoid diabetes :)

I'm over it now - just ate a LOT more decent food than usual until the imaginary/fake hunger passed... sweet potato helps a lot with this when it happens... it's usually either hormonal or a response to failing to eat enough starchy veg :)

1. eggs, eggs, eggs, and mushrooms 

2. sweet potato, broccoli, green beans & 'am 

3. chicken breast wrapped in Iberico ham with roasted peppers, mushrooms, garlic, onions, chillis , tarragon & paprika

an apple

NO prunes, they are gone, banished, eliminated from the kitchen :)

2 hours ago, FairyL0u said:

... a flapjack is actually a very differently addicting thing here, involving oats, butter, sugar and golden syrup baked in a tray and cut into bars of delicious chewy sugary buttery sweetness....

That sounds like some kind of cross between baked oatmeal and granola, hrm. I might have to look it up at some point, but definitely not until after my Whole30!

I always find it interesting to see the different names we use for things across the pond compared to what you'd call them. Anyway, thanks for the response, and enjoy the rest of your day!

Archived