I want chicken nuggets.

captainninjapeters

I'm a little late to the game but I use this recipe from multiply delicious. She has some good ones.

--

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a bowl combine ¼ cup almond flour, ½ cup coconut and salt & pepper. Mix to combine.

In a separate bowl, combine 1 lb. ground chicken, ½ cup almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder, egg yolk and salt & pepper. Mix well until everything is incorporated.

In a sauté pan, melt coconut oil on medium heat. Take about 2 tablespoons worth of the chicken mixture and roll into a ball and then coat with the coconut and almond mixture. Repeat with the remaining chicken. You should make about 15 to 18 chicken nugget/balls.

In small batches place nuggets into heated coconut oil and cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer balls to a parchment lined bake pan and place in oven for 4 to 5 minutes to allow the chicken to cook through. Repeat with the remaining chicken nuggets.

This may seem anti-climatic but... I decided to avoid the almond flour and make Bora Bora Fireballs (Well Fed) instead. I used ground chicken instead of pork. They are DELIGHTFUL! I haven't had a "real" chicken nugget in years (Celiac disease) so this was a really special treat for me. Thanks for all of your help guys!

Archived