Legoland in California

xFeistyWolfx

So shortly after I decided to start my Whole30, a friend and I decided to take a trip to Legoland with her kids. They are not doing the Whole30 but I will be in my 4th and final week of it at that time (didn't think about it until after tickets were booked). Has anyone been there during Whole30 or have tips for eating at the park? I looked on their website and they do not allow outside food or drink and their restaurants inside don't seem the best for Whole30-ers! I'd hate to go 3 weeks and then blow it all due to this trip. Thanks in advance!!

Eat something large and filling beforehand, be ready with something after, wherever that is.  (Something in the car, hotel room, etc.)  

Plain salads with no croutons are sometimes a restaurants best bet, proteins can be tough.  If they're willing to cook something in plain oil, salt, and pepper, or if they can add hard boiled eggs, those can be options.

Depending on how, ahem, detailed their search is upon entering, you could creatively stash food on your person while entering that would be difficult to find or feel during a pat down.  Meat sticks, pouches of tuna, etc.

Okay @slc_melissa now I'm doing one of these :o at the idea of a Legoland pat down - here I was thinking maybe they checked bags! Do they really do a pat down? I haven't a clue! I, too, would have discretely hidden nuts or a Larabar tucked into the recesses of my handbag. 

I had a similar first time eating out thing this past week. After so muh time on the W30, I am finding that eating a compliant meal equivalent just before I went meant I wasn't really hungry during lunch. I find I can go a long time before I really feel hungry - something that never has happened to me before. Satiety/satiation is a really interesting combo.

Good luck @xFeistyWolfx - let us know how you made out and what you did!

I have not been to Legoland, but I do live in southern California and have been to most of the parks here. All of them do a bag check, but I doubt they will confiscate a few snacks. Maybe stick it with your friend's stuff. Who is going to really confiscate some baggies of veggies and beef sticks from a mom with four kids? Also, will you guys have a car? Maybe you can sneak off for lunch. There are tons of places in that area that will be able to make you complaint food. Definitely make a grocery store stop on your way to the hotel or pack some complaint food in your suitcase.

Thanks for the tips everyone! Good ideas about trying to bring stuff in on my person :lol:. I'm hoping by that time I'll have a good idea of things to make and eat before or after so that I can avoid eating at the park. We will have a car and it looks like re-entry is allowed. So I could run out to the car and eat a snack too.

I checked also just checked their website again and it states, "outside food and drink is not permitted in the park, however, water, small snacks, and items required for specific medical or dietary purposes are permitted." So maybe I could get away with bringing in snacks then. I'll let you know what happens! It's not for a couple weeks still. :)

35 minutes ago, xFeistyWolfx said:

Thanks for the tips everyone! Good ideas about trying to bring stuff in on my person :lol:. I'm hoping by that time I'll have a good idea of things to make and eat before or after so that I can avoid eating at the park. We will have a car and it looks like re-entry is allowed. So I could run out to the car and eat a snack too.

I checked also just checked their website again and it states, "outside food and drink is not permitted in the park, however, water, small snacks, and items required for specific medical or dietary purposes are permitted." So maybe I could get away with bringing in snacks then. I'll let you know what happens! It's not for a couple weeks still. :)

I interpret that as "Don't pack a picnic, but we aren't going to quibble with your bag of snacks". You're going to have kids with you, so you've got a licence to load up on bags of veggies, snack sticks, boiled eggs, RX bars etc :) 

PS - so jealous, I'm a massive Lego collector and would LOVE to go to Legoland!

I've never been to Legoland and haven't been to any kind of park in a long time, so I don't know if they do an actual pat down.  I'm more familiar with trying to sneak snacks into sporting events or concerts, and the level of check just depends on the venue/event/etc.   A lot of sporting events are moving towards requiring clear bags to be brought in.  But if Legoland has a policy for dietary purposes, sounds like you're covered.  Although it's easier to say (and other people understand better) "I'm allergic to...." vs "I'm doing a dietary elimination protocol...."

6 minutes ago, slc_melissa said:

I've never been to Legoland and haven't been to any kind of park in a long time, so I don't know if they do an actual pat down.  I'm more familiar with trying to sneak snacks into sporting events or concerts, and the level of check just depends on the venue/event/etc.   A lot of sporting events are moving towards requiring clear bags to be brought in.  But if Legoland has a policy for dietary purposes, sounds like you're covered.  Although it's easier to say (and other people understand better) "I'm allergic to...." vs "I'm doing a dietary elimination protocol...."

You just gave me a flashback of the Taco Bell advertisement where the woman smuggles nachos into a game under a fake pregnancy belly :lol:

Archived