jbittinger

I'm starting my third round of the Whole 30 on Friday, February 1! This will be extra challenging because I am currently 5 months pregnant, which means that my hormones are kinda out of control and there's even more pressure to "treat myself" with junk food. The peer pressure is so much harder to resist nowadays! And you can only hear "You must be so tired" so many times in a day before it starts to affect you. This attitude has led to me bingeing on sugar almost daily, getting very little exercise, and feeling like absolute garbage :unsure: So, Whole 30 to the rescue! I'll be logging my meals here daily to stay accountable because no one in my real life understands why I would want to do this while pregnant. But these are my reasons why/AKA my goals, which are obviously not related to weight loss B):

• Less heartburn
  • Better sleep
  • Less inflammation (By the end of my first pregnancy, my feet were so swollen I couldn't fit into any of my shoes!)
  • More even moods
  • Less anxiety (sugar makes this so much worse for me)
  • More energy to stay active through my last trimester

Thanks for following along! :wub:

Good luck! I can't imagine doing a Whole30 while pregnant. Plus for about half my pregnancy the only thing I could stomach was bread and the thought of chicken and eggs (yogurt too, but that's not whole30) made me want to vomit. I could barely eat chicken at 6 months pregnant and even then it had to be piping hot. Cold chicken to me had the taste and consistency of raw chicken. I shudder just thinking about it now!

Keep us updated! I am curious how it goes!

Will do! I had a lot of food aversions in the beginning but not so much too. Problem is I'm eating chicken, eggs, etc, PLUS tons of junk food because it always seems to be around haha. (I work in an office so there's lots of sitting and treats coming in almost daily :rolleyes:) But I'm determined!

Day 1 check-in!  Yesterday went okay, but I definitely wasn't prepared enough (the downfall of starting on a Friday, but I thought the first of the month was better than waiting for Monday!) I planned to throw together a salad for lunch bc I always have pouch tuna...except I didn't :/ All I had was canned salmon which was too much for my preggo tummy to handle. Plus my compliant dressing had, like, a teaspoon left in the bottle. Buying ALL the groceries this weekend!

• Breakfast: 2 egg muffins, coffee with collagen and MCT oil powder;
  • Lunch: 1/2 salmon spinach salad with tomatoes and pine nuts. (had to toss the other half).
  • Snack 1: strawberries, almond butter, coconut flakes;
  • Snack 2 (since I didn't eat much lunch): Bell pepper strips and guacamole
  • Dinner: rib eye steak with ghee, bell peppers and mushrooms sauteed in coconut oil, sweet potato with ghee and cinnamon

Feeling tired and kinda blah over all, but went to bed feeling less bloated than usual :D

Day 2 Checkin: 

Breakfast: 2 egg muffins, chipolte mayo, coffee with collagen and mct oil powder

Lunch: Rotisserie chicken (Naked from Whole Foods), mixed greens, almonds, bell peppers, tessemae's avocado ranch

Snack: Apple and cashews

Dinner: Baked salmon, roasted butternut squash (pre-cut), roasted peppers/onions/zucchini with coconut oil (pre-cut)

Late Snack: Strawberries and almond butter

Heartburn is better already! A little tired but rested when I needed to :D

Day 3 Checkin:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with chipolte mayo; coffee with collagen and mct

Lunch: rotisserie chicken, mixed greens, butternut squash, pine nuts, Primal Kitchen balsamic dressing

Snack: fuji apple and almond butter

Dinner: Pulled pork pork rind nachos with bell peppers, jalapenos, salsa, chipolte mayo; strawberry spindrift

Energy was very high yesterday! Planned for a lazy Sunday and ended up doing tons of organizing and purging around the house. By the end of the day though my feet and body were sore, so I'll have to remember to take it easy. No heartburn!

Day 4 Checkin:

Breakfast: Matcha tea with MCT, collagen, and coconut milk; 2 scrambled eggs with spinach

Lunch: Greens, baked salmon,butternut squash, roasted red peppers, Primal Kitchen caesar dresing

Snack: apple (brought boiled eggs too but  got called into meetings all afternoon :rolleyes:)

Dinner: pulled pork pork rind nachos, peppers and zucchini, guacamole, chipolte mayo, salsa

Snack 2: Banana and almond butter

Feeling pretty rough but I think it's virus that's been going around....scratchy throat, sinus pressure, yada yada. Heartburn and bloating are much better and I'm sleeping pretty well considering my sinus issues. 

Day 5 Checkin:

Breakfast: Matcha tea with MCT, collagen, cacao butter; 2 boiled eggs with mayo and Everything but the Bagel seasoning

Lunch: Rotisserie chicken, Greens, butternut squash, avocado, almonds, Primal Kitchen ranch

Snack: banana, handful cashews

Dinner: buffalo bake: chicken breast, spaghetti squash, red peppers, buffalo sauce, mayo; with avocado and Primal Kitchen ranch

Had some cravings this afternoon for pizza (or any convenient junk food :rolleyes:) but really just wanting to zone out from a long couple days at work. Reminded myself to "Never Question the Decision" of sticking with the full 30 days. Would like to get back to exercise but not forcing myself, since I have a deadly combo right now of pregnancy, a virus, and detox week of Whole30. I know it will pass!

Day 6 Checkin:

Breakfast: Coffee with MCT, collagen, almond milk; 2 scrambled eggs with chipolte mayo

Lunch: Rotisserie chicken, Greens, red peppers, avocado, almonds, Primal Kitchen balsamic

Snack: Applegate turkey, spinach, Primal Kitchen caesar dressing

Dinner: buffalo bake: chicken breast, spaghetti squash, red peppers, buffalo sauce, mayo; with butternut squash and Tessemae's avocado ranch

Late Snack: banana, almond butter

The virus I seem to have is definitely taking hold, so I'm feeling rough...headachey, scratchy throat, sinus issues. But I can definitely feel the magic starting to happen...heartburn is gone, less bloating, itchy eyes/allergy symptoms are much less- even with a sinus infection, I can feel the difference! And overall feeling more confident and optimistic, in the midst of sickness, which is pretty awesome. Hoping to be 100% by Monday.

Day Checkin:

Breakfast: Coffee with MCT, collagen, almond milk; 2 boiled eggs with Everything but the Bagel seasoning

Lunch: Rotisserie chicken, Greens, red peppers, avocado, almonds, Primal Kitchen caesar

Snack: banana, cashews

Dinner: ribeye, peppers, onions, and mushrooms in coconut oil; sweet potato with coconut oil, salt, and cinnamon

Yesterday was a doozie, but overall, I would say a big fat NSV. I had an extremely stressful morning at work, dr appointments all afternoon (just regular OB checkup and ultrasound), a fussy toddler throwing his dinner on the ground, a grouchy hubby losing his patience, and a sore throat getting worse as the day went on. The perfect recipe for ordering pizza (and having drinks if I wasn't pregnant) and saying "f it". But we stuck to our guns and ate a home cooked meal. And although no one in the house slept well last night due to not feeling well, I know that the healthy choices we made in times of stress will pay off in the long term.

Day 8 Checkin:

Breakfast: Coffee (starbucks) with MCT, collagen; applegate chicken apple sausage

Random: 1 jolly rancher to stop a coughing fit during an important work phone call

Lunch: Pork rinds, plain chicken, peppers and onions, jalapenos, salsa, chipolte mayo

Dinner: chicken sausage, 1/2 sweet potato, coconut oil

Snack: Strawberries and blueberries with coconut milk

I had to resort to eating a piece of hard candy during a work phone call because I was having a coughing fit. I know this is not compliant but I'm still calling it a win because I didn't let it derail my whole day. Moving on.

Archived