Eggs

Fujill

I have never been a huge fan of eggs- they’ve always had to be scrambled, well done, and have tons of cheese. On the whole30 I’ve struggled and not enjoyed eating plain gags at all( even w nutritional yeast or veggies)  so u have resorted to blueberry coconut nut hemp bowls for breakfast,  which I love. BUT-! When I made an awesome whole30  ‘pad thai’  recipe (so many good ones to try but the sunshine sauce is the key+roasted spaghetti squash!) anyway the EGG in the recipe is mixed with coconut aminos and cooked well done then sliced and put into the pad Thai mix . I LOVE the egg this way! So, I cooked the eggs this way for breakfast today and what a difference. Slightly sweet flavor. I can eat eggs without cheese and enjoy, amazing. Just wanted to share this tip!

You don't need to eat eggs for breakfast (and the hemp bowl is also not a great idea). Like, you can do a very successful Whole30 and never eat a single egg. 

Most days during my last Whole30 I had some kind of meat and quickly sauteed haricot vert for breakfast. It's great that you found a way you can be okay with eggs, but you still don't have to eat them. 

I'm doing an AIP Whole30 sometime in March after I get back from a trip I'm taking in Late February (Day 30 of a regular Whole30 right now).  I found a recipe for Turkey and Zucchini Meatballs that I made a triple batch of and vacuum sealed and froze.  They are amazing and will be my breakfast "go to." I am definitely going to be meal prepping and freezing a ton in anticipation of my AIP version because I have relied on a lot of eating out (Zoe's Kitchen, Chipotle and Whole Foods) on this one but I'll pretty much have to exclusively eat homemade items to ensure AIP.  Eggs obviously are not.  So there's tons of recipes out there if you look and broaden your concept from "Breakfast" to "Meal 1."

That has definitely helped me prepare for AIP.  I've had a number of meals during this Whole30 that definitely don't scream breakfast - including chicken livers one morning!

• Moderators

I like the eggs from pad thai as well, but as others mentioned, you definitely don't have to eat them at all if you don't want to. Here's one past discussion of non-egg breakfasts people have actually eaten, just to give you a few ideas:   

Archived