Detox February - NEW

59 minutes ago, Ryan Oakford Posen said:

El oh el!! Yass ' I want to gain weight, ' said no one ever haha. 

I have never, not ever, said those words. 
I don't get you...
Also tonight the fam had tacos.. WHO ON EARTH PUTS SUGAR IN TACO SEASONING!?? What is this? 
Here I was thinking sugar meant candy, sweets, junk food, ice cream, syrups... Boy was I wrong...

14 hours ago, Stac514 said:

WHO ON EARTH PUTS SUGAR IN TACO SEASONING!??

It's even in my Tony's and McCormick's Lemon Pepper seasonings.  Here is the mix I use for tacos:

2 tablespoon Chili Powder  

1 tablespoon Cumin  

1 tablespoon Oregano  

1 tablespoon Salt  

red pepper (optional) to taste

Mix well and store in a jar or spice bottle.

2-1/2 tsp. per pound of ground beef

3 hours ago, pearlgirl2017 said:

It's even in my Tony's and McCormick's Lemon Pepper seasonings.  Here is the mix I use for tacos:

2 tablespoon Chili Powder  

1 tablespoon Cumin  

1 tablespoon Oregano  

1 tablespoon Salt  

red pepper (optional) to taste

Mix well and store in a jar or spice bottle.

2-1/2 tsp. per pound of ground beef

Thanks so much! @Stac514 look at this blessing! 

Well, how's it going @Ryan Oakford Posen? I've arrived in Adelaide after a brief touch down in Vangroovy for an overnight. Couldn't watch your video when you posted it - all those public WiFi sites are so limited but I remembered to watch it today - you're a super cutie! Hope you are, in fact, NAILING this!

On 2/5/2019 at 2:16 PM, Ryan Oakford Posen said:

Thanks so much! @Stac514 look at this blessing! 

This is absolutely beautiful....magic... Clearly I know nothing about food. Or cooking. Or life? ;) 

Also PLEASE tell me where I can watch your videos Ryan... I loved every second! 

On 2/6/2019 at 6:05 PM, Lorna from Canada said:

Well, how's it going @Ryan Oakford Posen? I've arrived in Adelaide after a brief touch down in Vangroovy for an overnight. Couldn't watch your video when you posted it - all those public WiFi sites are so limited but I remembered to watch it today - you're a super cutie! Hope you are, in fact, NAILING this!

HAVE the greatest time! And thank you for taking a moment to watch my crazy self. HAHA <3 :)

Everyone! I need your thoughts. When you have a Moment :) I have noticed increasing my intake of fruit in the last two days. I am still eating all my solid foods, and my green smoothies, and everything else whole food based. But is it normal to be loving fruit this much, (green apples, pears, bananas,) <--  sometimes adding cinnamon and cashew butter. Please help. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Ryan Oakford Posen said:

Everyone! I need your thoughts. When you have a Moment :) I have noticed increasing my intake of fruit in the last two days. I am still eating all my solid foods, and my green smoothies, and everything else whole food based. But is it normal to be loving fruit this much, (green apples, pears, bananas,) <--  sometimes adding cinnamon and cashew butter. Please help. 

Lets test... don't eat fruit and nut butter for two days... if you find that you're very stressed about the idea of cutting that out, you are irrationally angry/crabby about it or your sugar cravings peak crazily then it's likely you've been using the fruit to prop up your sugar dragon and that would be something to work on removing.  Also, we recommend eating the fruit with a meal, so cut up that pear into a salad if what you're really craving is pear taste... if that doesn't sound good but two halves of a pear globbed with almond butter and cinnamon does sound good, then you know it's your sugar dragon talking...

Make sense?

On 2/8/2019 at 8:44 AM, SugarcubeOD said:

Lets test... don't eat fruit and nut butter for two days... if you find that you're very stressed about the idea of cutting that out, you are irrationally angry/crabby about it or your sugar cravings peak crazily then it's likely you've been using the fruit to prop up your sugar dragon and that would be something to work on removing.  Also, we recommend eating the fruit with a meal, so cut up that pear into a salad if what you're really craving is pear taste... if that doesn't sound good but two halves of a pear globbed with almond butter and cinnamon does sound good, then you know it's your sugar dragon talking...

Make sense?

Great advice, yes. I am cutting back on fruit. One a day. is better than 4 or 5 haha. 

• 2 weeks later...

As Whole30 day (30) approaches I am nervous about the 're-introduction,' process. I want to continue on a path that feels good. This cleanse has been so rewarding just in self-accomplishment alone. What are YOUR tips in continuing? Would you recommend 'The Paleo Way?' I hope everyone is killing it. This was so much fun. Lots of nightmares about sour patch kids and cinnamon hearts. haha 

Archived