Day 30 - It's HERE!!

Lorna from Canada

This will be the first post of the day - because the day that everyone starts off thinking is never going to come has arrived for the 3 of us intrepid W30ers in my famjam!!! And I'm excited to report on everyone's progress.  I'm so glad they both jumped in wholeheartedly to do this with me - it would have been really difficult to do this on my own. My hat is off to anyone who does it on their own without family support. 

Last night, Hubs and I sat down to chat through his experience since we're not otherwise going to see each other today. His sole goal was to drop 5 pounds which he did (he broke the rules and weighed himself Day24) and his clothes are fitting better. He's a tall (6'1"), thin (177 when we started) and doesn't really have too much in the way of health complaints - unlike his wife. So, he says he can't really tell if anything has changed for him - no tiger blood, no digestive improvements, no change in sleep or brain fog - nada. But those 5 lbs mean a lot to him. He and I were both obese and really sick at one point in our lives, (here's an article from Canada's National Newspaper about us https://tgam.ca/2SniHAM), and neither of us ever want to go back. SO - even though he doesn't feel any different, he wants to make major dietary changes - no more cheese, crackers, cereal, bread, white rice (he's fallen in love with cauiliflower rice) and NO MORE CANDY. I'd say the one thing that has changed is his sweet tooth - he was ALWAYS scouting around looking for something sweet after dinner and that has stopped. 

So, this morning, I'm doing the clean out the pantry for the Food Bank - there are going to be some carbs heading out!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lorna, I just read your story above.  Wow, you have come a long way!  It's great that you have been on this path for so many years, I'm sure it has been life-changing, and in your husband's case, life-saving. Which is really life-changing for both of you!!  I love reading about people's challenges and what they do to overcome them, so keep on posting!  Thanks, Laura

Oh my goodness, Lorna.  You have been through quite a lot in your lives.  I really admire you for going through so much loss, very difficult struggles with your children, keeping the family together and staying positive.  That is a special gift. I love your story about your partnership with your husband and how you work together to keep the relationship solid.  You're an inspiration to everyone in setting goals and working to achieve them.  Thanks for sharing!

Laura

• 4 weeks later...

Archived