Day 32 - "What if I can't drink beer?!??"

Lorna from Canada

Weird - yesterday I posted Day 31 in the post-plan page. Not my intention - oh well - I suppose I will find it.

Day 32 for me, 2nd day post for my peeps. Hubs has reintroduced beer and is really not feeling well. Stomach is totally gurgling and feeling miserable. "What if I can't drink beer?" he asked this morning. Well, it's a bit early to tell. He's back on W30 compliance for a few days and is going to have another beer after that. Then he's going to see... if he's still upset, he'll repeat and have a glass of wine to see if it's alcohol or gluten. He's really, really committed...  I'm so proud of him!! When we started this, we saw it as a 30 day no more, no less kind of thing. Little did we know - I'm doing a W40 and he's going to be reintroducing for weeks at this rate. No worries though - we sat down to our "Sad Fridge" brekkie (Sad Fridge at our house is when there are no groceries and we're using up what's in there before we go away) and it was delicious - hash made of wilted peppers, 2 slices of bacon, a soft onion, a few cherry tomatoes, a bag of spinach topped with 2 eggs - so good. We are not suffering on this W30 thing. And if he can't drink beer, he can't drink beer. There are worse things.

Off to Australia today - such a long trip but I've done it many times and have my routine. I fly business class for the comfort and this will be really weird. They feed you so well and ply you with the best wines and spirits in biz class - and I can't have any of it. nada This will be so strange. Oh well, I've downloaded a bunch of movies I want to see and will stock up on some compliant foods before I board and will hope for the best. 

Archived