When you can't have popcorn....or chips...

thatrunningchick

I discovered a yummy alternative to popcorn today! ( My husband loves to make hot buttered popcorn for movies and it has been HARD not being able share while on Whole 30!) Today I toasted shaved coconut in the toaster oven. ( Not shredded but the larger shaved flakes.) Oh man! They crunched like chips and tasted a bit like popcorn. I may stick with this snack even after I finish my ,30 days! So delicious!!!

• Moderators
19 hours ago, thatrunningchick said:

I discovered a yummy alternative to popcorn today! ( My husband loves to make hot buttered popcorn for movies and it has been HARD not being able share while on Whole 30!) Today I toasted shaved coconut in the toaster oven. ( Not shredded but the larger shaved flakes.) Oh man! They crunched like chips and tasted a bit like popcorn. I may stick with this snack even after I finish my ,30 days! So delicious!!!

Be careful with that type of hand to mouth snacking. While these are technically compliant, it sounds like you're using them to recreate chips and popcorn which is treading into SWYPO territory.  Also, this is straight fat and a lot of people have a hard time with a lot of coconut so you'll want to watch how much of this you're eating.

Archived