Day 28 and feeling...over it

Dee044

• Moderators

This is a pretty normal thing. You start feeling like, 28 days is good enough, right? Just hang in there, be sure you're eating enough -- this is also a time when you might be having some food boredom so you might unintentionally be eating less. Fix yourself a meal that you know you like, or try a new recipe you've really been wanting to try. Take care of yourself, and remember you're nearly done, so just keep going.

Yeah, I felt that way too @Dee044. Like "meh". 4 weeks seems like it's long enough. Even though I added 10 days, I still saw 30 as the benchmark and felt bored by day 27.

I get that there may be some food boredom settling in - all the Mods and Melissa acknowledge that and encourage us to try new recipes at this point - but, I'm okay with food boredom. Food boredom is like cleaning the snow off my car in the parking lot everyday, or taking my pills every morning, or blow drying my hair - it's relegating the act of nourishing ourselves to a necessity - not something that is fun and exciting and rewarding in and of itself but something I have to do to be healthy and to feel great. I think there's merit in experiencing a little food boredom and living through it and trying to understand why it's a problem. I don't want to stay in food boredomland forever, but I'm okay to visit it if it helps me remember that food is fuel and eating the same thing 5 mornings in a row won't kill me.

Anyway - those are just my random thoughts. I know you're going to finish strong! Congratulations!

Archived