hungry at night

zm12

I'm on day 4 and I've been eating 3 meals as well as pre and post workout snacks but at night I'm always hungry about 1.5-2 hours after dinner, even when I eat a big dinner. Here's a sample of what I've been eating in a day:

Meal 1 (6am): 1/4 of this recipe http://whole9life.com/2010/10/stm-stuffed-acorn-squash/ with sauerkraut, kale, and an egg

Meal 2 (11am): 1.5 palm sized portions of baked chicken (probably 5-6 oz), tomato sauce, steamed zucchini, steamed kale, 1/2 avocado

Pre-workout(3pm): 1/2 palms turkey meatballs (about 2 oz)

Post-workout(5pm): 3/4 small sweet potato, probably about 3 oz chicken, 2 small beets

Dinner(7pm): 5 turkey meatballs (about 5 oz), spaghetti squash, tomato sauce, green beans, zucchini, sauerkraut, and 1 avocado

I have a habit of making myself some kind of healthy sweet treat at night (I would do this nearly every night before I started whole30) so I'm not sure if it's connected to that, but it feels like real hunger.

Thanks!!

• Moderators

I suspect you need more fat in your meals. I find chicken and turkey less filling than red meat, so you might see how you do on days you eat beef or lamb. In addition, your portion sizes seem small. Last thing, I find you need to eat substantial meals all day. Eating big at your last meal rarely makes up for not eating enough at breakfast. And one egg at breakfast is never enough. Think in terms of three.

okay thanks, I'll add some more protein and fat to each meal! When I'm feeling hungry at night I'm assuming the best thing to do is just go to bed and eat when I get up, rather than having something to eat?

I was also wondering if I can really have as many vegetables as I want with each meal, because I can eat LOTS of veggies and love love love them.

thanks for the quick response!

Archived