Unwell after Quinoa or...

kentuckyblu

Hi Everyone,

I did a superficial search and couldn't find anything on this - it is a bit specific and I am speaking with my naturopath; during day 4 of my reintroduction I had gluten free toast in the AM, rice w/ veggies and ground beef for lunch and quinoa with cabbage and chicken in the PM...I felt just fine after breakfast and lunch, I had dinner at 7pm and right after felt just fine. In the morning I felt like I had period cramps, and, I apologize for being graphic, my bowl movement was not usual. Now, I am not sure if it was the rice or the quinoa...I think it was the quinoa but not sure what would cause the "flare up". How can I decipher which caused the cramping, I have a feeling it was quinoa but unsure. 

• Moderators

You could go back to whole30 for at least two days, or until you feel better if it takes longer than that, and then just have quinoa, or just have rice, and see if you get the same effects. Or if you have a plan you're following for other items, wait until you've done them and do a day of just quinoa or just rice at the end of your reintroductions. 

Archived