Finished First Whole30, now on Day #7, Going for 60!

Wendy104

My eating habits were atrocious.  Before the Holidays, I'd decided that I'd start the New Year off by at least cooking a slow-cooker meal a few times a week. Went to Target, saw the Whole 30 Slow Cooker Cookbook.  When I got home-excited about my cookbook- I saw the Whole 30 Book on my shelf.  Apparently, I'd plan to make changes around this time LAST YEAR!  

Decided to do it..my Mantra for 2019 is FULLY COMMITTED!  Started New Year's Eve (Monday).  By day 3, I didn't have to take my nightly Pepcid/Tums! By day 5, I woke up HUNGRY (hadn't done that in decades).  By day 6-7, sleeping so good!  Not to mention, feeling my body change.  More energy.  No midday slump. More focused.  Clear thinking.  Truly, the list goes on and on!!

Can't say it's all been easy, but I'm enjoying NUTPODS in my coffee.  Love new recipes.  Sometimes overwhelmed by the cooking and dishes.  But,  it's 30 days...or 60.  To change habits for LIFE.  It gets easier.  I'm learning that the occasional "craving" if more of a pity-party.  I just do something I love.  Read. Write. Cook.  Go to be early.  

My body is Healing.  This is a Life-Changer...that is no exaggeration.  And not just for me, but my family (and friends are INSPIRED!)

Love the food. My husband (a "never eats veggies" guy) told my daughter  (16) that I'm "ruining them", cuz they can't go out to eat!  Food HERE is too good!! (He modifies it, but still..healthier than before!!)  

Last year at my last check up, my NP ran the "inflammatory" tests...all of mine were HIGH!  My next appointment is March 1. I will complete Day 30 (Round 2) on Feb. 28!!

I'm actually excited to see the look  on her face when she seems my results.  I love the empowerment--knowing that I am dong something about my risks for so many disease processes.  

OH, and by the way...stupid "little" change for me...I have not bitten my nails in 37 days!!  I'm 49 and have bitten my nails ALL MY LIFE!  I'm getting manicures!! (nice non-food treat!).

I'm down about 10 pounds, finally at 199.4..under 200.  Haven't been there in years.  But, like so many, the weight loss is not the goal--the feeling of health is!

I'm telling everyone about this program and will continue to do this--to inspire others to take control of their health.  This. is. not. hard.!

LovingMyWhole30Life!

I'm really happy for you that you have had so many positive outcomes from Whole30!  I'm like you, not totally in it for the weight loss, but hoping it will happen along with overall health improvement benefits.  I have osteoarthritis and spinal stenosis all over the place, and am hoping W30 will help alleviate pain from inflammation.  What are the inflammation tests your doctor ran?  I don't think I've ever had that measured, unless certain standard blood panels indicate inflammation.  I would like to have a baseline and measure improvement.  

Thanks, Laura

• 2 weeks later...

Archived