Timing of Tiger Blood

Aross

Pretty close to that.  I generally work out in the morning so when I eat can vary. If I am running it’s generally for at least and hour so I try to eat some carbs prior and follow with a post workout protein/fat.  If it’s cross training It generally fasted and I have a full meal after showering which can be a little longer than an hour.  My evening meal is by far my largest meal of the day. 

• Moderators

Then it might just be that your hormones are adjusting and your energy signals need to work themselves out.  I don't think this will help the concern you have but since we're here... post workout is recommended to be lean protein and optionally starchy carb... we don't recommend fat as the fat is what slows down the protein absorption and we don't want that slowed down in an after workout meal.

For your cross training, it's still recommended to have the post workout snack (just a couple bites of lean protein and maybe starchy carb) and then go home, shower and eat the full breakfast... you don't HAVE to do so but it could help your recovery and it might actually help a bit in getting your hormones adjusted faster so that your energy spikes aren't when you're supposed to be sleeping.

Also, if you drink caffine, make sure you stop drinking it at around noon and limit it to a cup or two a day, especially while you're having difficulty winding down at the end of the day.  For me, I have to stop coffee at 1030am otherwise I'll never sleep at night - you could try cutting it off earlier than noon and see if that helps... sometimes every little bit of change helps when previously those types of things never bothered us.

Thanks for the tip on the fat consumption.  I will switch that up. As for caffeine I am a one cup girl and that’s usually by 7 am so shouldn’t be a an issue.  I will give it a bit more time and see what happens. Thanks !  

Archived