Anyone Else Starting Jan 5, 2013?

missmunchie

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll support you! :)

I started on the first - just because I picked that date. The emails help, did you sign up for them? It's $15 and worth every bit!

This is my second go-round. The first one worked amazingly!!! Sometimes, I can't believe I reverted to so many bad habits after working so hard. My weaknesses are dairy and rice (of all things)! Oh, and Chocolate!!

I did my first Whole30 ~ish about three years ago and have kept off 40 of the 45 pounds I lost. I didn't follow it to the letter mostly because I had trouble getting the meat with no sugar for breakfast and I chewed sugarless gum. Despite myself, I made amazing progress!

Now I'm in it to get myself back on track, clear up my skin and quit hurting all the time! I've got lots more to share, but only if you want to be end-of-the-week-freak-buddies :) TTYL. ~Susan

Me!! Today is my day 1 for my first whole30. I'm excited but mostly worried about staying away from sugar and reaching for a glass of red wine! I'm also signed up for the daily emails. Think ill need all the support I can get:) have a great day 1!

Count me in! I have tried doing a Whole30 a number of times before...but I really feel good about this time! I would love to have some accountability buddies. I will try to check in as much as possible...today will be a little crazy because I have my son's 4th birthday party. Not worried at all about the cupcakes...I am a (hopefully recovering!) closet binger.

I know this may sound too optimistic but I was actually thinking of making this a Whole100. If I did the math correctly, it would be Jan. 5 - April 15. My dad's a CPA so that's always been a memorable day for me!

Anyway I am supposed to be getting ready for the party! I will try to check back tonight! Have a great Whole30 day! Lauren

My husband and I are starting today. We delayed due to our traditional family seafood Christmas dinner we had last night, which was belated because of flu and colds. I realize in hindsight we could have maybe Whole30'd it with homemade mayo on the coleslaw and ghee for dipping crab legs.

I struggle with low energy so I'm doing the program to see if it improves my energy levels. I also look forward to losing my holiday/vacation weight.

My husband is gluten- and dairy- intolerant so this program isn't as big a stretch for him.

I look forward to the support of this forum. Good luck fellow January 5-ers!

--Eileen

Omgoodness! I can't believe you lost that much weight! I am on day 4 because I brought in the new year with whole9 food but also alcohol. That is the hardest part for me but so far so good and I survived a Friday night!!! Good luck guys

Omgoodness! I can't believe you lost that much weight!

I should clarify that when you have that much weight to lose, it's easier! I'm hoping to knock down around ten to fifteen pounds this time. However, I'm really not concerned with the weight. I just want to feel better! I am restarting CrossFit and yoga. I've got a long ways to go. Thanks for the friends request!! :) See you guys soon on the forum! The support is invaluable!! :wub:

Me Too!!!! My whole family started today (have two teenagers and a hubby) and they are less than thrilled but said if I do the majority of cooking and prep, then they will be on board. Yesterday we cleared out the pantry and dropped off a big box at the food bank and then dumped out the fridge (goodbye, my beloved block of cheddar). Meal one this morning was ground turkey scrambled with spinach and eggs. I made Melissa's paleo mayo (found a link to the recipe somewhere on this site) and it came out amazing. Can be used to make different dressings and dips. I also signed up for the daily emails because I can use all the help I can get. Have a mild headache this morning because I usally have coffee with cream and today I just went for plain green tea. Good luck to everyone!

I am starting my first Whole 30 today. I attended a Whole30 seminar two years ago and never followed through on any of it---I know---not smart or rational. After getting my last physical I realized, "OMG, I've turned into the person I never thought I'd be!" I am 54, on medication for high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I am plagued with migraines (they run my life) and my health insurance company has sent me a polite suggestion that I try to get my weight down (or at least my waist circumference). Sedentary would describe my life style as well SOOOOO---no time like the present to make major changes. I signed up for the daily e-mails and followed the link in "Day 1" to see all of your posts. It is encouraging to hear that some of you have already had great success with the Whole30. Here we go!

I restarted today for the second time since 1/1. The hardest part for me is staying away from the sweets. The other day I had several Larabars and yesterday I had several spoonfuls of honey in my tea. So I've been mostly Whole-30 compliant since 1/1 (dairy, grain, and legume-free) and already I can feel and see the difference in my body... hopefully my mind will catch up soon!

I'm done messing around and plan to stay on track by planning my meals for next week and cooking them tomorrow. The only "sweet" I am allowing myself to have will be a few sweet potatoes per week. Let's slay the sugar dragon together!

I'm in too- Starting tomorrow (1/6)... I'm done making "paleo treats"- sugar is the DEVIL!

Just cleared out my cabinets and rid myself of any indulgences like honey, sugarfree hot cocoa and, my bad habit of sugarless gum..... :( This is gonna definitely test my mental strength!

I definitely agree the newsletter will be a big help and keep me accountable daily. I would really hate to click "I need to start over..."

Looking forward to all your help and support through this amazing journey. I'm excited to finally rid myself all the bad eating habits, and start living without any issues!

-Mary Ellen

I'm restarting today, did great until pretzels and hummus called my name at a playdate on Friday and wine last night after a neighbors memorial service. :( I have high hopes for finishing the Whole 30 and look forward to reading about everyone's journey!

I too started yesterday and am doing ok so far. Besides the sugar, which I'm realizing is in EVERYTHING, the alcohol is a big one for me. I'm no hard core boozer but I do like my Saturday night vodka and soda. Unfortunately, over the years those have morphed into Wednesday girl night pizza and beer with the occasional Friday sushi and sake bombs. I'm not in my twenties anymore and my waistline has paid the price for my faux "midlife" crisis! It's time to tame the beast!

I'm excited to have gotten through day one but I have über anxiety about Monday. I'm a kindergarten teacher and am ever surrounded by goldfish and cheese its. I can deal with the junk food at home for my non-whole30 family but for some reason my classroom triggers a desire to shove a whole bag of crackers in my mouth! Wish me luck and good luck too all of you! It's nice to have a support group.

Day 2 and all is well here. I ate well yesterday and am determined to keep doing so, but it does take planning and thought, doesn't it? As I have time I'm posting my meals in the forum topic "Bill and Eileen's Excellent Whole30 Adventure." How are my fellow 1/5ers doing so far? If you started a log, I will follow it!

I'm starting tomorrow. I had to get through a ski training camp all last week (it ended last night) for my daughter. I'm ready to focus now. I will need help and motivation. I am a sugar addict and have been so weak mentally the past few months. Good luck to all of you just getting started. Would love to be in touch with all of you! BTW, does anyone have a salad dressing recipe they would recommend. All the store bought ones are so full of sugar and additives/preservatives.... Happy munching, everyone!

Good luck! I agree with Susan R that the daily emails are REALLY worth the money. It's nice to look forward to a new message each day and to click "success" at the end of the evening.

I am finding that there is something powerful about being able to click "yes, I made it," at the end of each day!!

Hi Connie Mac,

Pick up a copy of Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan, there are lots of yummy recipes in there. I also love Practical Paleo, another excellent resource. Melissa's creamy Italian is amazing. Both cookbooks have great tips on meal planning. Now if I can just put all this lovely knowledge to work on a regular basis! Good luck!

Well Fed and Practical Paleo are two great resources for recipes. I love Melissa Joulwan's creamy Italian in Well Fed. I also have found tons of recipes on pinterest, just search Paleo. Hope this helps!

I'm starting tomorrow. I had to get through a ski training camp all last week (it ended last night) for my daughter. I'm ready to focus now. I will need help and motivation. I am a sugar addict and have been so weak mentally the past few months. Good luck to all of you just getting started. Would love to be in touch with all of you! BTW, does anyone have a salad dressing recipe they would recommend. All the store bought ones are so full of sugar and additives/preservatives.... Happy munching, everyone!

My favorite salad dressing is a teaspoon balsamic or other vinegar, about a teaspoon herbs of choice, whisk in a tablespoon olive oil. Good luck on this endeavor!

Hello! My name is Briana and I started today!

You actually motivated me bc I'm a little late to the game and was sort of debating and when I read this post this morning I realized all I had eaten so far was eggs with brussel sprouts and tomato and coffee with coconut milk so I was already doing pretty well!

So excited to be participating!

Archived