Some days I do think this humourous blog resembles me a little too much...

Reading this at work was a mistake. The frequent snickering made it quite apparent that I wasn't actually perusing a work document... 

LOL, this really was great! And totally relate-able! As if making the decision and committing to healthier eating isn't hard enough! You then have to go out and figure out what healthy actually means! 

That's honestly the biggest selling point for me! Whole30 doesn't claim to be the healthiest "diet" in the world for every single person on earth. It's an experiment for you to figure out what that looks like for you and your own personal context! 

@kirbz I should have labelled it NSFW - sorry about that :). I completely agree about the W30 experience. When I read any discrediting reviews of W30, the writer always talks about it as a weight loss program or a long term diet which, of course, it isn't. I've never been more engaged in or curious about the relationship between my diet and my health than I have been here since starting W30 Jan 3. And I've learned a lot about me and food. I do know that something I eat has caused chronic pain and now I'm going to try to figure out what that is so I can make informed decisions about my own needs. And that is very, very cool.

Now - get back to work :)

2 hours ago, Lorna from Canada said:

@kirbz I should have labelled it NSFW - sorry about that :). I completely agree about the W30 experience. When I read any discrediting reviews of W30, the writer always talks about it as a weight loss program or a long term diet which, of course, it isn't. I've never been more engaged in or curious about the relationship between my diet and my health than I have been here since starting W30 Jan 3. And I've learned a lot about me and food. I do know that something I eat has caused chronic pain and now I'm going to try to figure out what that is so I can make informed decisions about my own needs. And that is very, very cool.

Now - get back to work :)

Yup, I remember reading it was bottom of the list for "best diets" 2018 because of its restrictive nature. They totally missed the point of it, because it was 'competing' against keto, the Mediterranean diet, WW, etc etc - all of which are meant to be long term.

• 2 weeks later...

Talk about restrictive - I was looking at keto yesterday.  Yuk.  No potatoes at all.  And you go around hoping for bad breath because then you're in metabolic ketosis.  And no fruits, either.  I'll give up dairy any day.  

• 2 months later...

Archived