Reintro Off Schedule - How to get back on track?

BeccaNewbie

My reintro got messed up. Thursday I did legumes (little gassy but otherwise fine) but Friday was supposed to be back to Whole30 but I found myself without access to food for 15 hours at work. I did skip the pizza and donuts they were supplying (phew!) and got a hold of some gluten free meal bars (gomacro and Tahoe trailbar) but they have a variety of ingredients (rice chocolate soy etc) and the coffee supplied all had milk and sugar so I had only a little. My plan was to go back to Whole30 Saturday and for two more days (one extra day than reintro schedule) and then go to the next step of the reintro. Or should I go longer? I’m kind of lost. I hope the answer isn’t “start over with Whole30” haha.

@BeccaNewbie I'm afraid I don't have the sanctioned Whole30 answer for you but I did want to stop buy and say Wowza - you were without access to your normal food and you were able to skip the pizza and donuts on offer?!! That's really awesome! Good for you!

As for getting back on the reintro track - I guess it depends on what you were trying to learn from doing this W30 - if you were really worried about rice and soy and how they work in your body then you wouldn't have had that answer from eating something with both of them in it so, maybe a few more W30 days, (like you're planning), before introducing one of those things on their own sounds about right. If you weren't really worried about soy or rice and had no reaction from the bars then maybe just carry on? Sounds like you're being very thoughtful and aware of the foods you're reintroducing and that's the main thing at the end of the day, isn't it?

Hope the rest of your reintro is smooth as silk!

I have to agree with @Lorna from Canada - in the assessment and the amazement. You go girl, skipping cheesy slices of death! (I'm allergic to milk, so I'm allowed to call it that!)

How I understand the concept of reintroduction is that you test on one day, then give 2+ days to reset your system to "Whole30 normal" before you move on. In your shoes, I'd honestly slide right back into my reintro plan as soon as it had been 2 days and I felt "normal" again. For me, I'd probably test those things separately just because I'm OCD that way and it would bug me to no end if I knew I'd skipped any of the things I plan to test :D.

Archived