Starting March 1

Sarah_1982

I've been doing research and planning for about 2 weeks now. I plan on starting March 1st and doing this with my cousin. I have been diagnosed with multiple chronic illnesses. All of them stemming from digestive issues. I'm hoping this will help with the chronic pain. If anyone else is starting March 1 I'd love to keep in touch!

Hi Sarah!

I am also planning on starting March 1st. What a great goal you have-i would love to support one another. My main goal is to get RID of my acne and drop some excess weight. At 25, I’m embarrassed to still have acne, and I know it is related to my diet. 

Best of luck! :) We can do this! 

Hi @Sarah_1982 and @aaronmc93

I'd love to join the two of you! I'm starting a little early (today) however, I am planning to go until the end of March. I have done three W30's and I have LOVED having people along for the journey and for support. I also love supporting others! It makes the experience so much more fun.

I have a fairly clean diet now and am not overweight and quite lean (thanks clean diet and lifting weights!) however, I tend to rely on food when I am stressed (which is a lot lately) and I most certainly have become addicted to sugar and flour products (again). I've had a flair up of blemishes the last few days and that's really OFF for me even during PMS. My body is simply begging me for a W30 LOL 

I did my first W30 in August of 2015 and I have never felt that good in my life. I went a little extreme and gave up all forms of sugar including fruit and all forms of nuts/seeds as I find nuts/seeds tends to be FWNB for me. I understand these foods are allowed on a W30; I just know myself and I wanted to rip the band-aid off. My reasons for doing THIS round are 1, slay the dragon, 2, food freedom, and 3, really REFRESH.

I'm looking forward to #crushingit with y'all!

Hi everyone!

Id love to join you all for a March Whole30. I did one back in April of 2018 and I had great results. But I too stress eat, and my stomach issues have come back and my skin is a little blotchy.

Ive definitely fallen off the band wagon with eating and exercising since after Christmas so I’m definitely for another Whole30.

I look forward to doing it with you guys!

It always seems like when I decide to start my eating program something always comes up to keep me from starting or taking me off. I had a small surgical procedure and my brother comes home saying he has tested positive for influenza A and B last week when I was supposed to start. I mean...COME ON REALLY?!!! Thankfully the procedure went great and I didn’t get the flu. I will be starting with you all on March 1st. I completed the whole 30 in 2013 and have never been able to make it through all the way again. I MUST change my relationship with food. I don’t drink anymore so this is the next task. I am now the heaviest I have ever been which I now have fatty liver. My allergies have turned into or contributed to asthma, I have high blood pressure again. I have high cholesterol as well. My NSV the last time(s) I made it and got to 25 days was I was able to get off allergy and blood pressure medicine. 

In the upcoming days I am doing a big meat prep. These are what I am planing on making. 

Turkey Meatloaf from Autoimmune Wellness https://autoimmunewellness.com/nutrisclerosis-meatloaf/, Greek Lamb Skillet from Adventures in Partaking http://adventuresinpartaking.com/2015/07/real-life-recipes-3-greek-lamb-skillet-aip-paleo-whole-30/

Moroccan chicken, Marinated chicken in a brine & Pork breakfast sausage. 

I have the Day by Day book so I will be doing that with the program. 

So I did complete my meat prep day today. Boy am I tired. I have them all portioned out into servings and in the freezer. I decided to make the lamb recipe into a stew by adding some of my home made chicken broth with pureed sweet potato and it is really good. 

These are my goals for this round are:

1. Start taking my life back by handling the Sugar Dragon since it’s been controlling my life for a long time. 

2. Improve my allergies by getting sensitive food out (additional removals are garlic, onions, peppers, citrus, & nightshades)

3. Get both my Physical Therapies and walk in in 4-5 days per week. 

4. Taking one day/min at a time. Use my if/then scenarios and my reasons why to help stay compliant. 

5. Post everyday to help stay on track

What are your goals for this round?

Hey @Elizabeth33 and all!

I really LOVE this. Thanks for sharing your action plan. I also meal prepped. I tend to really bulk batch to 2-3 recipes a week. I made a carrot sweet potato squash curry soup (something like this but omit the peanuts); that goes along with steamed sea bass. Paleo beef chili. Roast chicken and steamed kale with a drizzle of olive oil.

I posted my goals above but I'll repost now:

1. Slay the dragon!
  2. Food freedom
  3. Body reset
  4. Taking set times thru out the day to slow down, calm down, breathe and reset.

I am also customizing this W30: I'll be omitting nuts/seeds and eggs. My body doesn't resonate with these. This will be easy as I cut them out about a year ago.

Can't wait to get going. What else is everyone making?

I'm starting March 1 as well.  I have  heard good things about this from my friends, and I wish I had done it with them.  They'll be done March 2 while I'll only be on day 2.  I want to prove that food does not control me since I can be a very addictive person and will just eat eat eat.  I'm hoping joining a forum helps me be more focused and know that I'm not alone.

*wave* Hello, all :)

I just completed my first round this past January. I know, that wasn't long ago! My reintroduction was on a very slow roll and I actually still haven't quite finished reintroducing everything I wanted to test (I was doing specific foods, not just general food groups)... but several foods put my body into such a distressed state that I haven't fully recovered, so I've put the remaining tests on hold. I'll be doing another round of Whole30 starting March 1, so my body has a chance to heal.

One change this time, though -- last round, I didn't purposefully increase my activity level... this time, I'm adding in daily walking/exercise to keep pushing my metabolism in a positive direction. My goals this round are to gain more physical confidence/grace (I feel very clumsy and heavy most times), eat no fruit later than lunch time (I habitually eat a banana with dinner but after everything else on my plate and it has started to feel like dessert), and lose a little more weight and/or size (I'm happy with either one, since I know I may be gaining muscle).

Hello everyone!

My name is Brittany, I’ve done some research and I believe this program is going to be a success! One of my friends tried it and her results were amazing. I’ll be starting March 1 as well. I am looking to correct issues with my skin and just improve my overall health and self discipline. I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you.

Good Luck!:)

HI Everyone I am Dannelle, I would love to join this group and share in the journey with you all! In my experience, this doesn't work without a support system! I completed the whole 30 challenge back in February 2017 AND   IT   FELT   AMAZING!!!!  (emphasis on amazing, because seriously you will not believe how good you feel the last week of your journey!)  Not to say it didn't come with challenges and late night cravings because it definitely did. I was fortunate to have a good group of Whole 30 supporters who got me through it! I hope we can all be that to each other this time around!

Since 2017 I have fallen back into terrible habits, Comfort eating, stress eating, failing to prepare and grabbing the easiest and likely the unhealthiest snack around. I know, it makes NO sense to talk about how Amazing the whole 30 made me feel and then to revert back to bad habits that made me feel frumpy and sluggish. It's like going to the gym or exercising in general. I know I am going to feel better afterward, I know the results are worth it, but I just don't want to LOL but hey, at least I'm being honest with myself. 

This is going to be my 2nd "SUCCESFUL" whole 30 journey. I have made many attempts to start back up, but for reasons that I cannot logically understand I have not been able to bring myself back to it. Today is Day 3! It was a rash and impulsive start and pretty poor timing on my end if I am being honest ( Which I always am... a little too much :) I too suffer from chronic illness which forced me out of work early 2017. That has come with its own set of challenges and sacrifices. We have had to be inventive with our finances which we have succeeded in doing, but at the moment finances are tight and eating healthy is not cheap. HOWEVER No more excuses for this girl!!!

Me leaving work and being chronically ill with Lyme's Disease and Fibromyalgia is also what lead me to Whole 30 in the first place. When Medications were barely medicating and physical therapy didn't bring enough relief my doctor suggested going Gluten Free. I started doing some research and found Whole 30, which seemed extreme to my doctor at first, but when he saw results he got on board!  By cutting out all irritants out my diet, my pain was significantly better! By slowly introducing things back into my diet I learned that dairy, wheat and gluten are all big No No's for me! Unfortunately just because I learned it, doesn't mean I stuck with it ….

I look forward to taking this journey with everyone and making healthy choices STICK!

Dannelle

Hey all!

Here are some of my favorites that I followed during my first Whole30. They literally saved my life. I think I made the crock pot buffalo chicken at least 3 times a week. Lol.

The Defined Dish: http://www.thedefineddish.com/whole-30/

These crab cakes from her are to die for: http://www.thedefineddish.com/whole30-crab-cakes/

Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken: https://www.wellplated.com/healthy-slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken/

Nom Nom Paleo: https://nomnompaleo.com/post/42057515329/the-round-up-30-days-of-whole30-recipes

Definitely let me know if there are any recipes I need to try! It's super easy to switch things up. You may find yourself getting bored, but there are so many ways to spice up your cooking! :D

I am also starting March 1! This will be my first Whole 30. The thing in my life I struggle most with is food and keeping up with healthy eating. I have also been having some digestive issues the last couple of months and am hoping a reset in my system will help me a lot. I think my boyfriend is going to be doing this with me. I need some accountability so I am hoping he keeps up with it. 

Waves to everyone! Can I please join your little group? I am starting tomorrow and ill prepared at the moment. Plan to get organized over the weekend so I just need to get through tomorrow! I have been having some weird things happening and I suspect it’s food related (aging stucks!) and I feel this is the best way to figure out what is causing it! I am scared but I can do it! 

On 2/27/2019 at 9:17 AM, cortadoplease said:

Greetings all!

Something has come up last minute with work and I'll be traveling for most of March 2019. This isn't the best time for me to do a W30. I want to wish everyone good luck, strength, healing and wellness on this journey!

xx

All the best and safe travels. 

Hey All,

I will also be starting W30 tomorrow (March 1st). It is my first Whole30 and I'm feeling very motivated to get to work! I recently did an elimination diet that lasted 3 weeks but my reintroduction was hasty and therefore not as insightful as I had hoped. I'm excited to have this support network and am hoping to draw on the additional accountability when the going gets tough. My main goal is to reduce bloating and break my habit of alcohol with dinner. 

Welcome all the new people who have posted. I am very excited we have a great group here. I did a big veggie prep this morning: steamed green beans, roasted cauliflower, potatoes, white sweet potato and bak chow with balsamic. 

I was hoping to get off of fast food and sweets on Mon but that didn’t happen which I am a little bit disappointed. I need to really be a support point for myself. I have been so down on myself because I have not been able to get through another whole 30 in a while or comply with my food goals. It has gone completely out of control. It is like I have transferred one vice for another. So an additional goal is to make secure the wins (NSV) through validation and self love and ignore the losses. I need to make up my mind that there will be no slip ups

My challenges this month that I really need to be aware of and review my if/then scenarios are:

1. Jury Duty, I have to see if I can bring my own food. Anyone in the US do a service during the whole 30?
  2. Not giving in and going to fast food and reading a gossip magazine.
  3. Munchies at night and wanting sweets
  4. Oh I will just start tomorrow (which never comes…)
  5. At work is the pastry and dessert bar and in the back of the house.

@Elizabeth33 - I haven't had to serve jury duty during Whole30, but I did know a gal who had a special diet and was able to take her own food because of health-related needs (if I recall correctly, she was Celiac, so it was in their interest to allow her to be sure everything was how she needed it to be). It's worth calling to see if they'll accommodate you, especially if you tell them it's an elimination diet to help you determine which foods are making you ill... if your doctor's on board, all the better. If they do allow you to bring your own, be sure to find out if they'll have refrigeration and/or microwave available to help you decide what's best to take. Also, plan for longer than you think you will be there, just so you don't get caught without enough food. (I think this would be a situation where you might want a mini-meal there, in case you get hungry before you can leave and want to avoid "snacking"; I find it easier to give myself grace for eating between meals if what I eat resembles a tiny meal instead of just a handful of fruit or olives.)

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CaseyNM said:

Hi All,

Having friends over tomorrow night and ordering in different asian cuisines: Vietnamese, Thai, and Indian.  Between the cornstarch-laden sauces and sugar in sauces, what can I order?

You'll really need to look at the menus for the particular restaurants, and probably call them to ask about ingredients (or see if they list them online) on the things that look like possibilities. 

You might be better off making your own food and letting your friends order what they want. Www.nomnompaleo.com or www.iheartumami.com have some Asian inspired whole30 compliant recipes if you want to stick to the theme.

Hi there, I am starting my Whole 30 tomorrow... discovered one or two items I needed to eat today (they won't save for a month), but I'm up and ready to begin this tomorrow.  

I've done this once before, 2013 or 14 (but the same time of year).  A slow time for social commitments, so that helps.  Oh, in autumn of 2016, I did an autoimmune AIP restriction diet to find out what food items would be a cause of an "idiopathic" condition I had.  Sort of Whole 30 magnified... discovered that eating an excess of peppers (bell or otherwise) can be an issue, but not for the condition I was trying to improve.  (PS, I finally found a doctor who could help me on that!)  

Why I am doing a Whole 30 now:  I'm now living in a small community where one community center sponsors weekly lunches, and another sponsors a weekly lunch AND a dinner, and no matter how "health" oriented they may be, too much grains and starchies!  I don't eat the desserts by and large, but all this other food I shouldn't be eating is getting me a bit on the sluggish side, and I need to brazen my way out of it.  A Whole 30 is simply a good idea for me right now!  

I like Melissa Joulwan's recipes, and Russ Crandall's recipes - because he focuses on world cuisine.  Yes, he uses rice and soy sauce, but he almost always lists Paleo/Whole 30 substitutions for those recipes.  I'm also inventive enough to come up with some of my own.  

READY TO GO!  

Archived