Starting March 1

Sarah_1982

Hello group! I hope I can join the party, though starting later than the 1st. I will be starting my second Whole30 journey Monday the 4th with my SIL (hubby isn't too supportive). About 2 years ago I did the Whole30 and came out with fantastic results! I felt so good, had a great relationship with food, I was on top of the world. I'm ready for that again! I haven't been eating healthy at all the past year and a half. But finally ready to get control of my eating habits, it's been long enough. @Elizabeth33, if it makes you feel any better, I haven't even attempted eating healthy! You have been trying, and here you are now. Don't be hard on yourself! It's understandable. 

My SIL and I both have 7 children and homeschool, so we lack time. Mondays we will prep for the week by cooking meats and getting meals in order. We will also be making separate meals for our families, as feeding them whole30 meals is out of our budget. We live in Alaska where fresh produce is extra expensive. 

I'm so excited you have this wonderful group here. Having this forum really strengthened me last go around. Hope you're all doing great so far!! 

Happy Day 4 to everyone who started on the 1st! How's it going for you so far?

Personally, I have been feeling mild shifts in my mood and energy but nothing too significant until last night. I couldn't sleep for the life of me! My brain was on overdrive, thoughts darting past me a mile per minute. How bizzare!

Fortunately, the sun is shining here in Seattle and I've got my meal plan prepped for today. I'm going to work on taking it easy and being as present as I can - allowing my body time and space to adjust gently. 

Talk soon,

Kaitlyn

7 hours ago, Kaitlyn C said:

Happy Day 4 to everyone who started on the 1st! How's it going for you so far?

Personally, I have been feeling mild shifts in my mood and energy but nothing too significant until last night. I couldn't sleep for the life of me! My brain was on overdrive, thoughts darting past me a mile per minute. How bizzare!

Fortunately, the sun is shining here in Seattle and I've got my meal plan prepped for today. I'm going to work on taking it easy and being as present as I can - allowing my body time and space to adjust gently. 

Talk soon,

Kaitlyn

Day 4 done here in NJ! I haven’t felt any huge differences yet, my body is definitely still trying to get used to everything.

I’ve felt bloated but at the same time have been peeing a lot (sorry TMI), so I know the water weight is leaving.

I definitely feel a little more energetic. But I’m so excited to see how the next days play out!

Day 1 for me went well! Besides that I had to squeeze in shopping and 6 dentists appts, 2 wrestling practices, and dance lessons in there. I had intentions of getting together with my SIL to do some meal prepping. We ended up doing different things separately, which still works. Had some yummy meals today! I love eating this way! It's so tasty. We barely scraped by, but we made it. I also decided to also incorporate intermittent fasting, which is sadly such a relief, as I'm also cooking separate meals for my children. So I don't worry about what to cook me for breakfast. Just 2 meals a day. 

It's great to hear from you guys and how it's going. It's also nice to know where I'm headed from your experiences. 

I too started on March 1st. First week is pretty much done!!! Congrats to all of us. 

I found some pesto in a jar at Whole Foods without any cheese today! This caused me major excitement. I’m definitely doing a lot more cooking than usual. I guess that’s the point.

What’s everyone’s favorite recipes? I made a chicken pot pie style soup that was excellent. It’s on the blog “realfoodwithJessica”. Tonight im going to make some buffalo crockpot chicken and sweet potatoes. 

Share some of your favorite recipes with me:)

On 3/4/2019 at 6:03 PM, Danamilligan said:

Day 4 done here in NJ! I haven’t felt any huge differences yet, my body is definitely still trying to get used to everything.

I’ve felt bloated but at the same time have been peeing a lot (sorry TMI), so I know the water weight is leaving.

I definitely feel a little more energetic. But I’m so excited to see how the next days play out!

Hey @Danamilligan - how have the last several days gone? Are you still making lots of trips to the bathroom? How's the bloating? 

On 3/4/2019 at 11:46 PM, Nedster7 said:

Day 1 for me went well! Besides that I had to squeeze in shopping and 6 dentists appts, 2 wrestling practices, and dance lessons in there. I had intentions of getting together with my SIL to do some meal prepping. We ended up doing different things separately, which still works. Had some yummy meals today! I love eating this way! It's so tasty. We barely scraped by, but we made it. I also decided to also incorporate intermittent fasting, which is sadly such a relief, as I'm also cooking separate meals for my children. So I don't worry about what to cook me for breakfast. Just 2 meals a day. 

It's great to hear from you guys and how it's going. It's also nice to know where I'm headed from your experiences. 

Hey @Nedster7 - how are you holding up? You certainly have your hands full with the family and all their activities. I commend you for your dedication to improving your health amidst all that responsibility to others. How is your sister-in-law feeling?

My boyfriend is also attempting to do IF while on Whole30 and it seems to be going ok for him. I don't think I could add any more changes to my lifestyle right away!

Cheering you on!

On 3/7/2019 at 12:34 PM, Kate8181 said:

I too started on March 1st. First week is pretty much done!!! Congrats to all of us. 

I found some pesto in a jar at Whole Foods without any cheese today! This caused me major excitement. I’m definitely doing a lot more cooking than usual. I guess that’s the point.

What’s everyone’s favorite recipes? I made a chicken pot pie style soup that was excellent. It’s on the blog “realfoodwithJessica”. Tonight im going to make some buffalo crockpot chicken and sweet potatoes. 

Share some of your favorite recipes with me:)

Welcome! How are you feeling today? 

Those recipes all sound yummy. I'd also love to hear what everyone else is eating.

For Week One, I used the meal plan as printed in the book (except the fish dishes; unfortunately I don't like any seafood). This week, I've designed our own meal plan - going roughly off the system of Week 1 but with variations. Tonight's dinner is Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with a Whole30 approved Caesar salad and grilled asparagus! 

4 hours ago, Kaitlyn C said:

Welcome! How are you feeling today? 

Those recipes all sound yummy. I'd also love to hear what everyone else is eating.

For Week One, I used the meal plan as printed in the book (except the fish dishes; unfortunately I don't like any seafood). This week, I've designed our own meal plan - going roughly off the system of Week 1 but with variations. Tonight's dinner is Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with a Whole30 approved Caesar salad and grilled asparagus! 

I’ve found it all easier than expected. I never let myself get hungry. I have clementines and pistachios on hand in case of any hunger pangs so I don’t crave sweets. 

Buffalo chicken meatballs sound great! Where did you find the recipe?

21 hours ago, Kate8181 said:

I’ve found it all easier than expected. I never let myself get hungry. I have clementines and pistachios on hand in case of any hunger pangs so I don’t crave sweets. 

Buffalo chicken meatballs sound great! Where did you find the recipe?

Congrats on your success so far!

I used the chicken meatball recipe in the Whole30 and tried the hot sauce variation suggested in the sidebar <3 

Hey group. We've gone down in activity. Hope everyone is so busy keeping up with Whole30 and doing great!

@Kaitlyn C, thanks for checking up on me! My SIL and I are doing great and staying on plan. We're helping each other stay motivated and on track.

It's only been rough for me yesterday, with staying strong. We were planning a trip to our closest city (Anchorage) and I realized how happy food makes me. We wouldn't be able to eat out at any of the restaurants without having to alter something. It was really getting me down how dependent on food making me happy and have a good time. I've really gotta change that mindset. Fast forward to today, weather is too bad for us to drive up there and I'm home today. ;-)

I've been having dreams about eating off plan stuff! It's frustrating every time! lol. I was expecting this, because it happened to me last round, so in my dream I thought, this is really happening! Why? Last night again I dreamt I was eating a parfait and thought, oh there's on plan stuff in here, then I realized a parfait is all dairy!! And then there was ice cream in it too! Haha! So funny. 

Another thing, I made the Mango Mint tea (altered the fruit to strawberries) and my SIL and I both woke up with yucky burps. Not sure what the deal is? Before I would only ever gets yucky burps if I had too much sugar or carbs. Any ideas? Using a digestive tab to help me get through the yuck. 

How's everyone doing? Enjoying being your own chef? What's your favorite food so far? Anyone also exercising? How're you feeling? 

I've made a ton of notes in my books of the recipes I've made and how I like them. Enjoying the experimenting in cooking. 

Archived