Everything is worth it today

HappyBecky

Has anyone experienced this?  I know Whole 30 doesn't encourage "cheat" days, and I did not plan today to be a cheat day, but everything feels "worth it" today.  I ate cold pizza for breakfast, hot fresh pizza for lunch and hummus with pretzels for a snack and a corn muffin.  I ate a whole 30 compliant dinner.  I feel like I'm an adult and decided that I wanted to enjoy some things I haven't had in a while.  I ate till I was satisfied and then stopped.  I don't feel guilty.  I plan to eat healthier tomorrow.  I expect some cravings to possibly pop up tomorrow, but I haven't had adverse reactions to these food groups, so I am enjoying my food today.

I'm assuming you're post-Whole 30 based on the section you posted this in.....in which case, there are no rules for what you're eating and no such thing as cheat days.  Whole30 is about finding out what how foods affect you and your relationship with food, and guilt has no part in it.  If you're doing re-intros and are mixing "types" of food, you may not get as clear a picture about what foods affect you and how.

• 2 weeks later...

To me, everything is worth it all the time and that's where the trouble lies. I have been "going with the flow" since ending my whole30 in January, so I feel like I've totally backslid after those first few "worth it" days. If you can keep up with getting back on track each time, that's great! If you find that you struggle, beware going down this path, here there be dragons!

• 2 months later...

@HappyBecky I'd love to know how you felt on February 18th.  "worth it" is such an in-the-moment thing - I found that eventually i got smarter about my own choices and could think a day or so in the future and tell myself "actually...maybe not so much worth it..."  So, just curious now that you are post w30 how you are doing.

Archived