whole30 doubts

So my aunt started the whole30 a month ago, she is overweight and hormones level are all off.

I told her to start the program not to lose weight but to put her health back on track and the weight part would come naturally. 
But she finished the reset part and 2 pounds only.

This is what she eat during the meals. If anyone could help us out that would be great:

Breakfast 10:45: Coconut water, Sweetpotatoes, 2 or 3 eggs, plantain with cinnamon (she usually doens´t have it), papaya with almond flakes. (photo attached) 

For lunch around 1:30 pm she would have a protein and veggies. Some good fat. But she would also eat a fruit with dates and dehydrated apricot. Some times it would be dates, dehydrated apricot and like 12 cashew nut. 

On weekdays around 5:30 or 6 p.m she gets hungry and will eat a fruit or some dried fruit or dates. 

And dinner is mostly the same as lunch. Which i think is ok. (picutures attached)

My question is, Is she eating too much dried fruits and nuts? Is that what could be wrong? We live in Brazil and here it´s like 100 degrees, so we tend to eat more fruits, like watermelon, pinapple or melon!

Can you guys help us out?? Any tips? She started the reintroduction, to see how it´s going to effect her.

thanks!!!

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-16 at 22.41.28.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-16 at 22.42.25.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-16 at 22.46.34.jpeg

• Moderators

It sounds like she is a bit heavy on fruit, and maybe a bit light on vegetables. 

At breakfast, skip the coconut water, it's basically fruit juice. Either have sweet potato or plantain, not both, and add some non-starchy vegetables, like spinach or broccoli. And have her try skipping the papaya for a few days and see how she feels -- she should be able to eat more vegetables that way.

At lunch, if she wants a dried apricot or a couple of dates as part of a dish, chopped in a salad or cooked with something (like this:  http://meljoulwan.com/2010/01/12/eat-your-vegetables-kale-chard-beet-tops-and-more/) that's fine, but if she's eating them because she feels like every meal needs something sweet, she really ought to skip them. That's the only way she's going to change that feeling of needing something sweet.

Between meals, if she needs to eat something, she should try to have some protein, fat and vegetables, or at least two of the three. 

It is understandable that when fresh fruit is in season, that you eat more of it, and that is fine, but have it with meals, not on its own. And focus on fresh fruit, not dried, most of the time.

Archived