La Croix

Mel Maki

On Day #19 and loving it so far! I haven't had any nightmares this week where I accidentally eat something that not's compliant and then have to start over.. so that's good :)

More than anything, I have noticed a HUGE change in how I sleep! I used to wake up multiple times a night for hours at a time and also took 90+ minutes to fall asleep. Those days are gone, thanks to Whole30. 

My two questions are: 

- Is it possible to drink TOO MUCH La Croix? I don't drink it because I'm craving sugar, but rather because I drink so much water that I just get sick of it sometimes. I like having a La Croix with my lunch but am worried about it causing me to gain weight. Any insights are appreciated. 

- Does anyone have tips/tricks of how to do Whole30 on a budget? I have nearly doubled my grocery bill this month and my man isn't too happy. What are your favorite cost friendly items and recipes?

Thanks in advance!! 

Mel 

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Mel Maki said:

I like having a La Croix with my lunch but am worried about it causing me to gain weight.

How would drinking  bubbly water make you gain weight?

For budget tips, google 'whole30 forum: whole30 on a budget' and other search terms as this has been discussed at length on the forum and there are tons of ideas, tips, tricks and resources already listed here - instead of us retyping it all.

7 minutes ago, Mel Maki said:

I have read articles with research lately about bubbly water leading to weight gain.. so that's why I asked. 

They're complete bunkum, unfortunately (I say unfortunately because it's so disappointing that articles are still being published which completely misrepresent the facts, and that they are so prevalent). Fact is, your body cannot create or store energy which isn't ingested, and no calories, no energy. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Mel Maki said:

I have read articles with research lately about bubbly water leading to weight gain.. so that's why I asked. 

In some people, carbonation causes bloating but carbonation is not a food, it's gas forced into water (or other liquid)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived