Coffee Creamer?

brent83

This is something I have been drinking in my coffee and I have really enjoyed it. Cashew Milk with 1 or 2 dates in a high speed blender a few times a week as a treat. The rest of the time it's just coffee and cashew milk.

Cashew milk is really easy to make. You do however need to have a high speed blender (Blendtec, Vitamix). Soak 1 cup raw cashews overnight in water. In the morning strain out the old water and place the soaked cashews in the blender. Add 3 cups of water and blend until smooth. There is no need to strain the mixture like almond milk. I make almond milk the same way but you have to use a nut milk bag or cheesecloth to strain out the pulp. Cashew milk is easier since you don't have to do this.

Cashew milk is also great in cooking for whole 30 as well as a dairy substitute.

Terez, I love that you keep asking why. Asking why and confronting what I perceived to be inconsistencies is what secured me a spot as a Whole9 Envoy, forum moderator, and even editor of ISWF. That and working for the joy of a good cause. :)

Thank you so much, Tom! hugs.gif

A person who can't stand to drink their coffee black probably should not make a fancy, SWYPO creamer blend for their coffee during a Whole30. A guy like me who usually drinks his coffee black would be okay with it. Context really matters.

I'm so glad you said this. I've drunk coffee straight black for over 40 years. I've recently started using either the creamer or coconut milk + oil in my coffee just to get the extra fat. I still can't face my first coffee like that though, that one has to be black.

• 1 year later...

I tried scooping the cream off the top of a can of CC milk and was not impressed.  It took a lot for me to notice it in my coffee and even then, didn't really make it better...or less bitter, which is why I put milk in my coffee.  Is CC CREAM a better choice?

I blended a cup with CC oil and a date, then one w/ ghee and a date...then...read that I'm cheating.  Sigh.

Not hard...it's not hard...it's NOT hard...

It's pretty good just with coconut oil and blended, some of the coconut oils taste sweeter than others, try a few brands. I found one that's so sweet tasting I can't cook meat with it, but there's no sugar in it.

Your tastebuds do change over time, try black for a few days and then try a coconut oil only one :)

Lemongrass & Ginger tea is also a great tea for coffee drinkers, has a nice punch from the ginger.

• 4 years later...

Archived