Starting Monday, February 25th, 2019

megmcdo

Hi, there! I've been doing research for about a week after talking with three friends who completed very successful Whole30's. I read the main book cover-to-cover yesterday, and I'm doing my first grocery shopping and meal planning sessions today so I can start tomorrow—Monday, February 25th. I'm very excited! I've attempted similar programs before, so I know what I'm up against. But this year, I'm turning the Big 5-0. I have two lumbar disk herniations, I've been diagnosed with fatty liver disease, and I'm bipolar, so I'm no stranger to navigating chronic conditions. I am more than ready to address them with more conscious, mindful eating, and my doctors have approved of my taking this step in that direction. That's why Whole30 appeals to me. Anyone else starting up tomorrow? Best wishes, and thanks much!

Hi there, My husband and I will be starting our first whole30 tomorrow Feb 25th as well. I'm kinda nervous about it all but I know we can get thru this. I suffer from major digestive issues and I'm always sluggish and tired. I'm hoping with the whole30 it definitely will help me out. Last year in January 2018 our church began our year with a Daniel fast for 21 days. I felt so good and no digestive issues. I thought to myself recently I didnt want to not eat meat for the rest of my life when I came upon the whole30 I found it very similar to the Daniel fast and I bought the book and recipe book and have been reading and decided my body is completely ready to start this whole30. I'm not doing it so much to diet but I really just want to feel better. Let's get thru this together. Best of luck to you. 

Hello!  I'm starting Feb 25th as well!  Today (24th) is my birthday, so we went out to eat as a farewell to some of my favorites, like chocolate dessert!  I have been reading about a month, planning as I go.  My main goals are to feel better, as far as reducing inflammation, bloating, headaches, and tiredness.  I have tried many different types of diets, including gluten-free, keto, etc.  I know i have many food sensitivies, so some things will be a struggle.  For example, I don't do well with coconut, and so many of the recipes for Whole 30 include some form of coconut, either milk, oil, cream, etc.   I have a huge gigantic sugar dragon too, although I only eat chocolate sparingly. Glad to have others along on this journey!

Hello, I am starting today as well. My whole family (my mom, dad and I) have started today. Its nice to have other people around you that are doing it, as well as online. Glad to join the Febrary 25th start date and happy whole30! The hardest things for us will be desserts (ice cream and cookies), so always looking for ways to distract ourselves from those. 

I have been reading about this nutritional experiment for a few weeks. For me, this is not about losing weight because I tend to stay relatively steady. I decided to start today.

I am interested in learning how various food types affect my emotional and physical health. I expect to make it through the 30 days, but I can see from reading that this may be optimistic. I believe my husband will be partially following this plan, so I will primarily be doing this solo.

Just a quick follow-up to my original post: I did begin my Whole30 on Monday, February 25th, as planned. I've not experienced much in the way of withdrawal blues or aches and pains as of yet. In fact, I'm feeling pretty good, with consistent energy and focus, even mood, and very few cravings. I think that's because I am being quite careful to eat enough good fat and protein along with my veggies and fruits. I'd love to hear how the rest of you who started recently are doing!

6 hours ago, megmcdo said:

Just a quick follow-up to my original post: I did begin my Whole30 on Monday, February 25th, as planned. I've not experienced much in the way of withdrawal blues or aches and pains as of yet. In fact, I'm feeling pretty good, with consistent energy and focus, even mood, and very few cravings. I think that's because I am being quite careful to eat enough good fat and protein along with my veggies and fruits. I'd love to hear how the rest of you who started recently are doing!

My husband and I are feeling a little tired here at the beginning, guess our body is detoxing out all the bad foods we used to eat. I'm enjoying all the food we've been making together. The recipes in the book are so good. Mid-day I feel so good, no bloating, no mind fog and no sugar cravings as of yet. Keep up the good work everyone!!!! 

Checking in again to say I'm still following the program and feeling really great! Other people have begun to remark upon the pep in my step and my cheery attitude, which is really nice on the one hand as positive reinforcement, but makes me wonder how slow and foggy I was before on the other.  ;-)

Hope the rest of you are doing well!

My husband and I are on our 2nd week!!! Were feeling great and positive about this coming week. We had some sugar cravings this weekend but we distracted ourselves and kept ourselves busy. We made it!!! I cant wait to see more results. 

Day 16th how's everyone feeling? I must say I'm feeling great. My digestive system is working the way it should. What a huge change, I'm not missing anymore sweets, I'm enjoying the food we eat, I'm enjoying the way I feel, and yesterday was my first workout from 3 weeks ago and I felt so much energy. Keep up the good work you guys!!

The halfway mark finds me rolling along quite happily! I am wrapping up a 7-day x 20-minutes exercise challenge today, and am ready to tackle another, upping my activity to 30 minutes per day, which is proof of my increased energy. I think the most surprising thing for me is how satisfied I feel eating good food; I don't feel deprived at all. I'm even considering extending this into a Whole60!

Three weeks in, and my clothes are fitting so much better; I don't get the dreaded tight waistband after a meal. I'm reacting to ads for sugary treats with a degree of physical revulsion—my stomach actually hurts when I see them. And my energy is the best it's been in years: I do my physical therapy routine for 20 minutes each day, and I've added in recumbent bike for another 10 minutes. I'll be wrapping up this 7-day x 30-minute exercise challenge on Tuesday, and I'm ready to go to 40 for in the next round...barbells, here I come!

Archived