6 days left and.... CRAVINGS!!

ReganTMon

Oh my GOODNESS the cravings are unreal y’all! I did not even experience them this badly when I first started. I have 6 days left and I’m just now staring to crave sugar. I have been wanting ice cream for two days straight now. I have done all the tricks: I have exercised, slept, worked, used distraction etc. Is it/was it this way for anyone else? HELP! Support needed! 

• Administrators

Yikes! This does happen sometimes. It could be a couple things. "Extinction burst" is a thing your brain does to try and get you to turn back to old familiar foods. The other thing we find happens is that people assume that they have the meal template and Whole30 well in hand at this stage but what is actually happening is portions are getting smaller and meal composition is suffering. Maybe not enough fat, maybe lacking starchy veggies, maybe not enough food overall. 

Try looking back at the last few days and see if your meals have diminished in size or content. Or if you're tending towards more sugary stuff like larabars, nut butters etc.

Thank you! I do seem to be eating less. I usually make 14 meals (lunch and dinner meal plan) because I work 12 hour shifts 7p-7a, so I don’t have a normal sleep schedule. I can make those meals last (if the ingredients don’t expire) for a while. I usually throw most of them away and I’m not supplementing with anything else. I just don’t eat. I have also been eating more fruit lately. Hmmm. Makes me wonder 

What are considered starchy veggies?  I only know of starchy foods to be my potatoes.... I haven't had a single potato, since starting on March 1st. Is that not good? Ive been eating a TON of salads with grilled chicken and tons of veggies. I am still fighting my dessert craving which have been lots of berries and almond milk, however, I'm learning I shouldn't really even allow myself a "dessert" category in my brain. Learning new things all the time... can you tell me about the starchy veggies. I really want to kill my sugar dragon once and for all!

• Moderators
8 hours ago, BekahT said:

What are considered starchy veggies?  I only know of starchy foods to be my potatoes.... I haven't had a single potato, since starting on March 1st. Is that not good? Ive been eating a TON of salads with grilled chicken and tons of veggies. 

Starchy vegetables include potatoes, sweet potatoes, and other root vegetables like beets, turnips, parsnips, and carrots, winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash, and plantains. They're just the vegetables with higher carbohydrate levels.

If you feel good, keep doing what you're doing. Most people do well with a fist-sized serving of starchy vegetables each day, some do fine with less, and some -- particularly those who are very active, who are prone to depression or anxiety, who are pregnant or nursing, or who are in the week or so leading up to their periods -- may need more.

Archived