Life after Whole30

whole30newb

Mods: sorry, if this is not the right thread. If necessary, please move this post. Thank you!

Hi all!

I just finished my reintroduction about ten days ago. During the reintro days, my body did not show any specific negative symptoms to any food group (apart from a little bloating with dairy). However, now, basically after mixing stuff up, my tummy is very unhappy. Digestion is bad, sometimes having cramps. Also, snacking and overeating has returned.

I am seriously considering another Whole30. Would that be advisable? What would you do in my place? The thing is, there are some foods that I do not really want to skip on (such as greek yogurt). However, during Whole30 I was feeling so much better. Thanks for your input!

Lots of people go a second, third and more round! If you felt better, why not? 

You could also consider a slow reintro afterwards, rather than the normal one. I'm doing that - I'm reintroing one thing each weekend and staying compliant on weekdays, and I've broken down the reintro into smaller items, like alcohol/sugar, lactose free dairy, lactose dairy, non-soy legumes, soy, corn, rice, other non-gluten grains, gluten grains. 

I'd definitely go for another round, and maybe during a slow roll reintro you could purposefully mix 2 food groups at a time instead of just doing single groups since you already know how the singles affected you this time around... there's no reason at all (in my mind) why you can't customize the reintroduction to give yourself that additional information, especially since you've got proof that something is mixing and not playing nicely with the group.

I think it's possible to follow very closely to Whole30 forever, especially for those who find that they honestly don't tolerate certain things well... to me, Whole30 is all about coming to a point where I've written my own rules for what, when, how, and how often I eat - including having my own rules for why I make specific decisions regarding food. Will I constantly avoid every tiny bit of added sugar? Probably not. But will I seriously think twice about putting sugar in my coffee, tea, or anything I cook? Definitely. The same holds true for any foods I've tested that don't totally mess me up... I might choose to eat them here and there, but chances are that I won't eat them daily and that I'll give it a serious think before I make that decision.

Archived