Pre & Post Workout

IAmMamaBoo

I know there have been some discussions - and information on-line and in the books - about pre- and post-workout supplements/powders, etc. but I am having a hard time finding information specific to my situation.   My workouts are in the early am, with little-to-no time to eat something before I work out.  Currently I have been taking a Vega pre-workout energizer mixed with water right before I workout.  I know this is not an option under Whole30 as the sugars in the mix would not be approved so I am wondering what - besides making an actual meal - is Whole30 compliant?  Is there such a mix/powder that I can use pre-workout?  What about post-workout?  

• Moderators

Pre-workout you want protein and/or fat, and it doesn't have to be much, just a few bites. So you could keep hard boiled eggs or cooked chicken on hand in the fridge, grab a few bites of it, maybe with a little mayo or guac or a few olives.

22 hours ago, IAmMamaBoo said:

I know there have been some discussions - and information on-line and in the books - about pre- and post-workout supplements/powders, etc. but I am having a hard time finding information specific to my situation.   My workouts are in the early am, with little-to-no time to eat something before I work out.  Currently I have been taking a Vega pre-workout energizer mixed with water right before I workout.  I know this is not an option under Whole30 as the sugars in the mix would not be approved so I am wondering what - besides making an actual meal - is Whole30 compliant?  Is there such a mix/powder that I can use pre-workout?  What about post-workout?  

I thought the blog article on this site  was very helpful. I work out in the early morning too. 

As of this morning it's about the fourth one down. 

Archived