KalinaM

Start date MARCH 11-- accountability buddies

Hi gang! I'm starting my 3rd whole30 on March 11. I'd love it if you'd join me in this thread so we can help keep each other accountable!!

My first whole30 was wildly successful, but pregnancy and new mom-hood took me back to old habits--

my 2nd whole30 did well, but I feel like I was just "going through the motions" to get to day 31.

This time, I'd like good habits to stick! I've learned so much-- gluten and soy are definitely not my friends, but I've let too much soy seep back into my diet (soybean oil! It's everywhere!!)  

Today I'm prepping by making instant pot beef broth and ghee. Don't want to be too overwhelmed with food prep on day 0 like I was the first 2 times! 

Looking forward to "meeting" some accountability buddies!

I will also be starting March 11th! This is my first time. I turn 30 this year and really have decided to take health into my own hands!!

Hi, asharn!  Nice to "meet" you. Finished up my grocery shopping for week one-- will prep lots of goodies tomorrow. I saw your pother post about brunch on St Patty's day-- I'm sorry to tell you most restaurants I have encountered use soybean oil, so are out for whole30. I wish you luck, though!! When in doubt, bring your own homemade salad dressing and order a salad with only veggies. Or, use olive oil and a squeeze of lemon and a dash of salt if you forget your own dressing. I have spent many phone calls speaking to restaurant managers about things-- it is easiest to call ahead of time so you are prepared. 

5 hours ago, RachelleM said:

I’m also starting my first ever Whole30 on March 11th! I’m super excited!!! 

Hi, Rachelle! My phone didn't notify me of your response until now! Not sure why- anyway-- YAY! I'm glad you're excited! Enthusiasm is contagious, glad to be here with you!

I'm starting my fourth - mainly to re-calibrate my eating as I've been including cozy comfort foods again and it's time to get back to basics. This time even though it's not encouraged in the Whole 30, I'm intending to be mindful of my portions but without going crazy with it. Just wanting to pay attention to those serving sizes. As I get older I can't eat the same without it showing on my hips and belly. :-)

Look forward to the companionship during this shared experience. It helps!

37 minutes ago, FitAndFabForever said:

I'm starting my fourth - mainly to re-calibrate my eating as I've been including cozy comfort foods again and it's time to get back to basics. This time even though it's not encouraged in the Whole 30, I'm intending to be mindful of my portions but without going crazy with it. Just wanting to pay attention to those serving sizes. As I get older I can't eat the same without it showing on my hips and belly. :-)

Look forward to the companionship during this shared experience. It helps!

Hi! So glad you are here with us!! 

Day ZERO prep DONE!! Woohoo!! It does seem that after 2 previous whole30s, I can say today wasn't as overwhelming as in the past. I still spent 5 hours cooking, but I have meals prepped for the entire week! I did one slow cooker meal, one intstantpot meal, one stove top meal and one oven meal. In addition to making hard boiled eggs, mayo, salad dressing and roasted sweet potatoes. I'm all set to get us through the work week! 

Ready? Set! GO!!

How's everyone doing? 4 meals in!! My tummy is upset today, but probably because it's still processing the junk of the weekend. I'm nervous as I've been summoned for Jury Duty in 3 weeks, so will still be whole 30-ing. Going to have to get a game plan for cold lunches to take and emergency snacks just in case. Glad I have 3 weeks to prep!

Hey everyone!! We have a birthday in my work office today so there will be a bunch of goodies (pretty much all of which I won't be able to indulge in). I volunteered to make the veggie tray, so I made my first homemade mayo and homemade ranch last night! It is SO good! Mayo was almost a complete fail, but I was able to save it. I hope everyone else is doing well! :)

I officially made it through the temptation of cheesecake and cookies at work yesterday (so proud of myself!) and our Friday breakfast tradition today! I've honestly felt great thus far, I have so much more energy after dinner every night. It's crazy how much better I feel in general. Hope everyone is hanging in there!! :) I'm ready for the weekend. 

7 hours ago, RachelleM said:

I officially made it through the temptation of cheesecake and cookies at work yesterday (so proud of myself!) and our Friday breakfast tradition today! I've honestly felt great thus far, I have so much more energy after dinner every night. It's crazy how much better I feel in general. Hope everyone is hanging in there!! :) I'm ready for the weekend. 

YAY for you!!! That is HUGE!!! Big accomplishment. So proud of you!

We are 5 days down! 1/6 of the way through! I'm definitely in the "kill all the things" mode.... sigh-- hoping I wake up more cheerful tomorrow. Just made my shopping list so I can batch cook again on Sunday. Totally worked making the work week easy!

@KalinaM I hope your weekend went well! Great job staying the course, the first two weeks are the hardest. :) My client did hit the "kill all the things" (her poor husband and coworkers teehee) but once she hit "tiger blood", she was awesome.

If anyone needs the timeline calendar, scroll to the bottom of this link: https://whole30.com/bonus-whole30-graphics/ and print out one of the calendars :)