Round 2, Day 9, "Kill all the things" and "I just want a nap" combined

So I started 15 January, restarted 19 January due to sulfites in lemon juice, day 40 I went to a BBQ and reintroduced alcohol, sugar and a tiny bit of dairy in the form of some low carb apple cider, and a small piece of - otherwise compliant ingredient - cake with a dollop of cream. Day 41, I had another couple of glasses of wine and then day 42 went back to compliant, starting what I now acknowledge was round 2. 

So I'm on day 9 of round 2, and for the last week, week and a half, I am TIRED. Really tired. Yawning all day, bleary eyes tired. And I'm ANGRY. I'm so irritable, irrationally so. 

I never did get tiger blood the first time around, but I did feel rested, and I don't remember being homicidal! 

Nothing has changed from round 1, meals are template, I'm getting my fats, I'm drinking the same amount of coffee, herbal tea and water (which is lots!).

I do concede I have health issues which can give me fatigue but I don't have any other symptoms of a flare right now. 

Any advice for this sleepy, angry duck?

• Moderators

Are you eating to the meal template?  Sometimes the longer we go on, the more slight our meals get as we think we've got it down pat but the plate suffers a bit here and there until we're not actually eating enough.  Are you salting your food and drinking 1/2 oz of water per pound of bodyweight? 

22 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Are you eating to the meal template?  Sometimes the longer we go on, the more slight our meals get as we think we've got it down pat but the plate suffers a bit here and there until we're not actually eating enough.  Are you salting your food and drinking 1/2 oz of water per pound of bodyweight? 

Yup, yup and yup! My meals are more than generous and I've probably gotten better with the plated fat as I go along, because I started out very wary of it. My plates are always loaded, with very generous servings os everything. Definitely salting food (probably too much, I really love salt) and I drink way more water than is recommended (it's actually led to tests for diabetes because I'll down 6 litres a day, easy). 

It may simply be that I'm going through a stage, my fatigue comes and goes, but it just seems so pronounced. I feel like I'm getting the week 1 blahs all at once, when I never got them the first time around!

• Moderators

I meant to ask in my original post, are you eating at least a fist sized serving of starchy carbs a day?

It could definitely be a combination of things - your body may be reacting to something you ate that then triggered your health condition to have a bit of a flare?  Did you do reintroductions?  It doesn't sound like you did so it'll be hard to say if it was the dairy, sugar or wine that might have pushed you into this - I would definitely stay the course, ensure you're eating every 4-5 hours, be gentle with yourself and give you the rest your body is asking for and hopefully you start to feel better!

Most days I have the carbs! Though now you point it out, not so much lately because it's been hellishly hot so I've been having a lot of grilled meat and salad, so it may have slipped a bit. I'll up it and see. 

I was going to start reintro, and had alcohol and sugar weekend before last (not a great deal), but have been compliant since. If that kicked off the foul mood, I'd have hoped it cleared by now! 

Archived