Starting March 6 for Lent

pearlgirl2017

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't make it to the gym this morning.  Going after work today, maybe since it is spring break it won't be super crowded.  

So far the pain in my knees has lessened quite a bit, but still waiting for the "glowing" skin.  I have developed a rash under my armpits (pre-whole30) - what the heck is that about?  I've switched to a sensitive skin washing machine soap but so far nothing is getting rid of it.  Have I recently developed an allergic reaction to my razor, my bath soap or my deodorant?  It's maddening.

Feeling more energy for sure, my poor puggle Mr. Murphy finally got a good walk! Have very little voice so added Claritin D to the mix. Really glad I will be adjusted to this tough allergy spring before I begin reintroduction on April 6th.

Pearlgirl2017 about 15 years ago I had a sudden arm pit rash and my Dr. Suggested I stop using deodorant all together. My hormone changes were no longer tolerating the ingredients. Rash cleared right up and I haven't used it since. You might give that a try next.

Well into Day 22 and still no sign of TIger Blood. I am actually feeling more tired and more run down. The food boredom has definitely set in and I do not have the time or motivation to be creative in the kitchen. Professional and personal stress is also getting to me. Feeling yucky. 

22 hours ago, pearlgirl2017 said:

Is he helping with any of the shopping, chopping or cleaning?

He does help with the shopping and cleaning. But since the kitchen is "my domain" most of the work is still on me. :(

Day 24 for me and the halfway point of my Whole48.  I thought it was a Whole46, but my counting was off.

With hubby home I’ve been making more of the heartier meals so he can be satisfied and not feel like it’s so much of a diet.  The cheeses and breads and pastas are in the house for others, but I’ve been able to resist.

Made a lemon pepper roast chicken with green beans and tomatoes on Monday night and a pot roast with potatoes, carrots, celery and onions in the instant pot last night.  

Compliance wise, this has been my most successful WholeXX.  I’ve stuck to it - food wise.  I might not be eating at meal times, and fruits like pineapples and grapes are snacks with some nuts.  I know for some that is Sugar Dragon drama.  But, I’m not grabbing the nut bars or the diet sodas so I think I’m doing pretty darn good.

And, yes.  The scale is calling BIG TIME.  

What I am really looking forward to is the improvement in sleep.  Haven’t experienced that, yet.  Hopeful.  I haven’t slept well in 25 years.  Lots of correction of bad habit there.

My house is tidier, so there is probably a somewhat lift in depression.  

Thats my share for today.  Thank you all for all of your stories.

MJ

Do understand the food boredom. I couldn't come up with a compliant dinner that hubby wasn't snerling his nose at last night so made him a cambells soup tuna noodle casserole. Thawed a compliant left over dinner for me and added fresh garlic ghee mashed potatoes. His casserole didn't even appeal to me so I am taking that for a win on my part. Have a second meal for him for another I don't want to eat healthy fit - hehehe.

Congrats on half way through your whole 48 MJ. Hopeful the better sleep will come soon, I must have some of that before I see tiger blood!

Pearlgirl2017  thank you so much for this thread - being active here this whole 30 has made a huge difference for my attitude of gratitude this time around!

Hi everyone! I started my second Whole30 March 4th. I joined a couple groups who started around the same time, but they've all tapered off with no activity, so I hope you don't mind me jumping on here! The forums really helped me my first go around. 

I love reading through your thoughts and struggles. It helps me feel normal and that we can all do this together. 

Things have been going good for me, I'm doing it with my SIL who is also my neighbor. It's been great having her as my partner in this, as I really don't have much support from my hubby. @ALM Grandma - I totally know the feeling of fits about eating healthy!! I also have 7 kids, so I'm feeding everyone else my pre-Whole 30 diet, with way less sugar! So that's a positive for my family.

I don't want to bore everyone with my journey up to here, so I'll go ahead and share my recent experiences. This is my day 25 @MJ of Cayman, we're on the same schedule! I've been thinking a LOT about what I'm doing after my day 30. I've come to the conclusion that I will be keeping up with it and do the slow-roll reintroduction. And separate my fats and carbs. That's awesome, @pearlgirl2017, that you're going for 48 days!  I will be wrestling at my boy's state tournament with a program called Mom's on the Mat, so I'm gearing up and training for that. This is the perfect way to reach my goals and continue with the fit and healthy lifestyle. 

Yesterday I had a really hard time with dinner. I was out of the house from 4-9 with no time or place to make dinner. Running errands with kids. When I got home my husband had the whole kitchen occupied making homemade sausage (moose & pork combination). I managed to make the kids dinner, but only made brussel sprouts for me... I ended up going to bed before I had time to make anything to go with my brussel sprouts! What's crazy is that I wasn't even really hungry. That's REALLY weird for me. But today for lunch I had some of the sausage finally (his first 2 batches contained sugar) with mashed sweet potato and carmelized onions. So yum! I wish I had more time for cooking these yummy dishes! I feel like my inner chef is coming out. 

Another NSV (besides feeling like a chef) is my diarrhea has FINALLY disappeared. I'd been having this experience during since before I started Whole30. It finally quit this week. My gut is regular again! Feels amazing. 

-Nettie 

@Nedster7 Welcome. I also started in a different group and jumped in. My experience in the past has also super positive with the support from the forum. 

@pearlgirl2017 Thanks for your support and encouragement. Means a lot. 

Had a couple of days that were better. My mom made W30 compliant Goulash yester for my hubby and me. I cannot tell how much it means to just have one little break from the prepping and cooking. I feel reenergized and ready to finish off strong. 

I have not noticed many NSV this time around. But I have certainly lost inches this time. All of my clothes are hanging on me like on a clothes rack and my hubby says it might be too much. My meals are large and I am not hungry but I have been exercising 5-6 times a week. My body definitely feels leaner. 

I miss yoghurt the most. So diary will be my first introduction. I am also traveling to Florence, Italy just before Easter so pasta is definitely going to get introduced just before I leave. Since this is my 4th W30 I know that I really do not have any foods that cause me issues, except for yeast. So introduction will be a little quicker than it was during my first and second W30. 

Wishing everyone a great day. 

Welcome Nedster7. This is my second whole30 but my 1st being active in a fantastic supportive forum and this has truly made a world of difference! So a big Amen and Thank you to Pearlgirl2017 and all of you for the fantastic support! 

I have also have been re-reading Melissa's whole 30 Day by Day and this week I'm reading, per her suggestion, Food Freedom Forever. My reintroduction first time was a tad bit of a disaster so I am committed to a different order of reintroduction. Day one before was reintroducing non-gluten alcohol and honestly my sugar dragon took control and I really never got it back under control. 

So this time I am introducing 1 legumes, 2 non-gluten grains, 3 added sugar, 4 dairy, 5 gluten, and 6 baked goods without dairy or gluten this will be an Easter treat!

I so hope our forum will stick together for reintroduction, I have way more concerns about having it be successful!!!!!!!

Welcome @Nedster7, it's always fun to meet new people.  Glad you are experiencing a definite NSV with your gut. 

The biggest problem I have with this program is trying to eat enough, and remembering to add a fat to each meal.  I am a classic under-eater, except when it comes to ice cream of course.  I find it difficult to eat as much as is recommended in the template at any one time.  If I eat that much at breakfast, I'm not ready to eat again until 3 o'clock.  Then dinner time is ruined.  I'm still trying to work it out but I know I'm going to have to do things a little differently.  Most likely by having smaller portions and a snack of something, like deviled eggs, in between meals. 

It's a work in progress...

I haven't had any dreams about eating non-compliant food.  Mine seem to be about having to go to the bathroom...NOW!  Really weird.

I like all this reintroduction planning.  I am missing salty and crunchy so I’m thinking of starting with corn.  Corn tortillas with my eggs in the morning, corn chips with chili, corn in some of the soups and chowders I’ve been making.  I’m also going to try to stay away from alcohol for as long as I can.  Re-introduce that last.  Save dairy for close to the end, too.

The Nicoise salad looks great. I am an emotional eater so tend to over eat. Yet clear NAV this whole 30: not hungry, under eating and no cravings except alcohol. That said, I  may not reintroduce alcohol this time.

Any wisdom to share on reintroducing oils/fats haven't found info on this in any of my Melissa reading.

Disappointing.  Day 28 for me and I just learned the bedtime tea I’ve been drinking has stevia leaf!  Oh no!  It’s a caffeine free tea, but I haven’t been sleeping the last three nights so I double checked the ingredients and the last one listed was stevia leaf. 

How do I feel about this?  Well, it was supposed to be a 48 day run so I’m going to keep going.  Also, the purpose of this diet is to learn your sensitivities.  So, if I’m sensitive to stevia maybe I’ll learn that if I finally have a good night sleep.  I’ve literally been wide away the last three nights.

ive probable had no more than 5 or 6 cups of the tea over the past 28 days.  Most of that this week.  

I thought I was doing so well.

9 hours ago, MJ of Cayman said:

I thought I was doing so well.

MJ, good morning, hoping you are still sleeping.  Discovering a severe, for you, food sensitivity, seems like a big NAV silver lining! Congrats on this and especially for not giving up on yourself! Another 20 days on pure whole 30 seems should have you ready to have a very insightful reintroduction.

I just found this. Hubby and I are doing our first WholeXX for Lent this year. I find it a challenge because I work different shifts throughout the week. Also, I have 3 kids aged 12-20 who keep eating the compliant food we make, especially the meats meant for our lunches!  Grrr....

Even though we are doing a Whole46, do you think it would be inappropriate to peek at the scale on Day 31?  I honestly feel like I'm gaining weight and my clothes are tighter.

Welcome justalittledash. This is my 2nd whole 30 so I'm not the expert here but I too felt my clothes were fitting tighter 1st time round. Everything I've read screams do not weigh yourself now!!!  First time around I actually did lose weight once I weighed in. Try to focus in on the NSV's, I  have done a lot more of this round 2 and it really has helped.

• Moderators
On 3/30/2019 at 6:03 AM, ALM Grandma said:

Any wisdom to share on reintroducing oils/fats haven't found info on this in any of my Melissa reading.

What kinds of oils and fats? Generally you'd reintroduce them based on what they're made from -- so peanut or soybean oil with legumes (unless you're separating legumes out more, some people do peanuts alone or soy alone, just to see if they react any differently to those in particular). Corn oil or rice bran on non-gluten grain day.

13 hours ago, justalittledash said:

Even though we are doing a Whole46, do you think it would be inappropriate to peek at the scale on Day 31?  I honestly feel like I'm gaining weight and my clothes are tighter.

Welcome!  From things I have read in the past, the tighter clothes and the puffy feeling is a normal reaction.  Your body is having to learn how to process the new and increased amount of vegetables you are consuming.  This stage could take a few days or weeks.  (Different timing for everyone)  I wouldn't recommend getting on the scale at all right now.  Drink plenty of water and continue on.  One day you'll wake up and the puffy will be over.

Archived