Not eating enough......worried about my metabolism

Im on day 5, and I'm noticing that I'm not eating enough. I know counting calories isn't part of the program, but you can kinda guess how much you're taking in. My guess is I'm not even hitting 1,000 calories a day which cant be good for my body. But I cant eat big quantities in one sitting.........for instance, for breakfast i have one egg and a turkey sausage and i feel full. ill have a chicken breast and a piece of fruit for lunch and carry on. so I'm just kind of lost on what i need to be doing! i want my metabolism to speed up, not slow down because I'm barely eating!! 

• Moderators

Were you not eating big meals before? Were you having a lot of little meals throughout the day? Can you not do what you were doing before, just with whole30 compliant food?

It would be better to eat enough than to stick to the three meals but not enough food. Try plating up a full meal, eat what you can, then as soon as you feel you can eat more, come back and eat more.

When you do sit down to eat, even if you decide to go with several small meals, have vegetables, protein, and fat -- so even if it's a smaller meal, make it still based on the meal template, just smaller (download the template here:    https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/). 

• 2 weeks later...

Same same same-- I am not doing this to loose weight, quite frankly I should NOT be loosing weight! But I am starving, even though I am eating as much as I can!! I checked my weight, and five days into mine I lost 2 pounds... I need to bulk up!!!!!

• Moderators
8 hours ago, LaurenLK said:

Same same same-- I am not doing this to loose weight, quite frankly I should NOT be loosing weight! But I am starving, even though I am eating as much as I can!! I checked my weight, and five days into mine I lost 2 pounds... I need to bulk up!!!!!

Check out this article for some tips:  https://whole30.com/2013/12/keeping-weight-whole30/

If you are eating a lot but always starving, something is probably not quite right in the composition of your meals. At each meal, be sure you're having 1-2 palm-sized servings of protein, the length, width, and height of your palm, or if eggs are your only protein in a meal, have as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, so probably 3-4; a bunch of vegetables, like 2-3 cups at each meal, and include denser, starchy vegetables; and then add a serving or two of fat from the list of options on the meal templaye, in addition to any oil you cook in. The meal template can be downloaded at the link in my reply to the previous poster.

If you want feedback on your meals, list a day or two of typical meals, including approximate portion sizes.

Archived