Riced cauliflower substitute

EDD

I am 4 years Low FODMAP. I am now trying to find out what has been causing my IBS symptoms again buy doing whole30. I am on day 6. I have been GF, DF for 4 years now. I also don’t eat onion, garlic, broccoli, brussels sprouts or cauliflower. What is a good substitute for cauliflower rice? 

• Moderators

It depends a little on what you're doing with it in a particular recipe, so if there's something in particular you're trying to do, let us know that and we can try to help you come up with something.

You could try running any starchy vegetable through a food processor to get that shape, and then roast or saute them. Some will hold their shape better than others, but I'm not sure which would be best. You could google riced vegetables and see what other people are using.

If you just want something to pile you other food on top of, you could do a bed of leafy greens, or mashed potato or whatever other root vegetables you like.

I've done sweet potato "rice" in skillet meals before (I spiralized it first, then tossed those through the food processor to shred), and have been playing with the idea of doing the same thing with potatoes or even daikon radish (I love using the radish for noodles in Asian dishes so am thinking it might lend itself well as a rice sub)... I'm not sure if the radish would be low FODMAP, but figured I'd offer ideas :)

Archived