What’s your easiest, best, way to cook shrimp?

sunnymama

Does anyone have a go to, super simple not more than 2 or 3 ingredient way to cook shrimp as a quick protein source?   Something versatile that you could eat on a hot meal or throw in a salad?  

Referring to raw shrimp but deveined and tail off.  

Also, do you cook them from frozen or always thaw?  

Thank you so much! 

• Moderators

This article has good instructions, just obviously sub ghee or clarified butter or olive oil where it mentions butter:  https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-quickly-cook-shrimp-on-the-stovetop-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-214397 -- it even mentions how to thaw them quickly, I would do that rather than cooking from frozen.

I just do salt and pepper and then throw the in a frying pan with clarified butter, about 2-3 minutes on each side (a little more or less depending on the size).  I always cook them thawed.  They are so simple but delicious and easy to throw on a salad or with a side of veggies and sweet potato.  Shrimp this way (or salmon cooked the same way) are staples of mine on nights when there is no time to make a more involved meal!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Place lemon slices in a pot of water, then bring to a boil.  Add thawed raw shrimp and watch for them to turn pink and curl up on themselves -- 5 minutes or less.  Immediately remove them from the hot water and plunge them into some ice water.  Refrigerate.  They make a way better grab and go snack than celery sticks!

Archived