SchrodingersCat

Pork rinds as breading

So this is on the official Whole 30 Recipe group, chicken nuggets using pork rinds as breading. They say they got a ruling from W30 and it's compliant. To me, this is no different than crushing up potato chips. Thoughts?

Gotta agree with you Schrod - no difference. Pork rinds are a snack food first (like potato chips) with very little nutritional value and plenty of caloric punch. At least pork rinds have protein but, they're a FWNB for me - there isn't a bag of pork rinds large enough to satiate me. 

I wouldn't make this recipe anyway so I don't know why I am weighing in except to say hi!! 

As a snack item or FWNB item, yes, they're definitely out but unless you're planning on going crazy eating the breading off all the meat to get your pork rind fix, it's not quite the same thing.  I've done this before (used pork rinds, not ate the breading off a batch of meat) and it's not very good anyway in my opinion.  They sog very quickly and unless you spend a lot of money on a very good brand, they taste fairly synthetic... not a win in my book but maybe someone else enjoys them :)