Hi! So before Whole30 I would cook meat at home 1-2x a month. I'd usually order it when I went out. But my diet was largely vegetables and carbs. Now I eat it everyday multiple times a day. I'm on Day10 and I'm so so so sick of eating meat! I have nothing against it I'm just tired of it. Did anyone else have this problem? How did you deal with it?

I've eaten:

-steak

-pecan crusted pork chops

-turkey burgers

-roasted chicken

I am on Day 10 and I have no energy and no appetite. The thought of food makes me queasy. It's been like this all day 9 and now into today. Any tips on how to combat no hunger? I tried exercising yesterday to make myself hungry but that didn't work. I'm very tired, having nightmares and vivid dreams and now this. HELP!

• Moderators

The meal template is a recommendation. We recommend having protein at each meal, along with axton of vegetables and some healthy fats, but that isn't a rule. If you think it would be helpful for you to have a meal with less protein or even no protein occasionally, that's up to you. 

You might also concentrate on whichever protein sources are easiest for you. Do you eat eggs? They're protein, maybe do several egg meals for a day or two. (This is one of my favorites, though it's kind of a pain because you really do need to salt, drain, and rinse the zoodles or it's just not the same:  http://meljoulwan.com/2011/08/18/comfort-noodles/.) Or if fish works better for you, or you prefer ground meats that you can hide in a soup or casserole, do those instead of steaks or chops or roasted chicken.

Archived