Mayo-

It's honestly cheaper to make it yourself (and super-easy if you've got an immersion blender), not to mention you get to dictate exactly what's in there and tweak any ingredients that you're more partial or less partial to including (or based on current need).

Here's a Whole30 post that tackles homemade mayo (plus other fun stuff):
https://whole30.com/2014/08/mayo-ghee-sauces/

There ARE compliant brands that are sold in brick-and-mortar stores (such as Primal Kitchen), but I haven't any priced in a way that is convincing enough for me to try them. :D  It's not the type of thing you're usually going to find at "normal" grocery stores unless they've got a section for organic foods (and maybe not even then), but specialty grocers (think Sprouts, Whole Foods, Earth Fare) would be where I'd look first. I've found a few Whole30 compliant things in unexpected places like LIDL, but no mayo there so far.

I agree that it's pretty easy to make. I buy all the compliant Whole30 products (BBQ sauce, ketchup, dressings, etc.) but I do actually make my own mayo. 

That being said, here in California it's pretty easy to find Primal Kitchen mayo in regular grocery stores. I can even buy the super sized version at my local Costco. So that might be an option to look for... 

Archived