Pantry Fridge not compliant hubby not whole 30

• Moderators

Can you separate your foods from his? If he mostly eats what you fix, but has a few non-whole30 foods, designate a shelf  or basket in the pantry for his stuff, and a space in the fridge or freezer -- you just ignore those spaces. If it's the other way around, and the bulk of stuff is his non-whole30 stuff, claim a space for your stuff, and know that you can only eat stuff that is in your spaces.

If there are certain things that are more tempting for you, but other stuff you just don't care about, ask if for a few weeks he'd be okay with not having the things that are hardest for you to say no to and instead just had the things that don't bother you as much. 

There are always going to be tempting foods available. Even if they aren't in your house, you'll be confronted with them in stores or when you visit other people or go to social gatherings. Eat your food, and eat enough of it that you're not hungry. Do what you need to do to not feel deprived -- that could be both a mental thing, focusing on what you can have versus what you can't, as well as focusing on trying new foods or finding recipes you love so that the food you eat doesn't feel like "diet food" but is flavorful and nourishing as well as healthy. 

Thank you for the support. I'm already doing some of this. But others are wonderful "new" ideas. Baskets & shelves with my items and talking with hubby about several weeks without the most tempting to me items I will implement these.

This 2nd whole 30 I am much more engaged with new recipes and my whole 30 forum group.  Also journaling my non alcohol and Non-scale victories.  Actually I  have zero desire to weigh myself - yeah!

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Journaling and noting NSV were so helpful to me for staying on track. 30 days is a drop in the bucket compared to your 39 years of marriage! :) you can do this! 

I labeled the tops of containers that weren't compliant so I wouldn't grab it by accident when I first started my Whole30 journey (I wasn't about to toss out a just opened bottle of red wine vinegar for 30 days...). 

Archived