Starting 3/18, first time, for 60th birthday!

Liv Hart

Okay, I'm plunging in on Monday.   I'm turning 60 in 3 months (yikes) and have to get sparkly and healthy before then.  I think the hardest part of Whole 30 will be giving up wine and pasta.  Do those vegetable "noodles" really address that craving?  And I'll have to start cooking again -- I've been so bad!  

My doctor recommended this program -- her entire practice did the program together.   First I thought about it for a couple of evenings (while sipping wine), and then I went out and bought the Whole 30 cookbook.  Those recipes sound delicious and surprisingly easy.  So I started emptying the freezer and pantry, and tonight I worked out my meal plan for the first week.  

I have about a decade of bad habits to break.  I hope I can do this!

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Congrats on taking the plunge!

Real talk... veggie noodles are not exactly the same as wheat pasta. Nothing I've come across can replicate the texture, BUT I love vegetables, so don't mind veggie noodles at all. I think of zucchini noodles (zoodles) and spaghetti squash as delicious, healthy vehicles for getting the sauce into my mouth. They are just as filling, but don't leave me bloated and tired after eating a whole bowl. For the wine, look into Spindrift sparkling water for an evening "drink" with your dinner. 

I recommend the book "Day by Day" by Melissa Hartwig. It's a daily tracker as well as daily inspiration that is pretty spot on for every day of your Whole30. It also has a few journal type questions, that help you introspect better on this journey. 

Archived