Mild acne, still not cleared on day 57

I'm on day 57 of my egg & nut free whole30. I feel good, and my migraines are much improved (put still pop up here and there). However, I haven't experienced any skin clearing this time. The first time I noticed a diet/skin reaction was when I tried the 100 days of whole food back in 2012--2 weeks in and my skin was clear. My first whole30 several years ago cleared my skin as well. But this time, no improvement--which surprises me. My meals are according to the template. I usually make a big batch of something for breakfast and lunch like chicken curry with veggies for breakfasts and shepherds pie for lunches. A typical dinner would be grilled chicken, asparagus slathered in ghee, and roasted sweet potatoes.

I've come to the conclusion the acne I'm currently experiencing isn't related to my diet. It's mild, just a bit on my chin and a bit on my forehead here and there. Any suggestions for other avenues to look into? 

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I'm not a medical professional, but have you considered visiting a dermatologist? There may be something else going on that isn't related to food, maybe a different lotion (or sensitivity to an existing one) or shampoo. But if you believe it's food, maybe research into AIP (autoimmune protocol).

Through Whole30, I learned that dairy and sugar wreck havoc on my skin (I have eczema and acne), so I'm grateful to have found this program. :) Chin/jawline acne for me was almost always hormone related. And drinking enough liquids, sometimes I get so busy, I completely forget and fall asleep, then feel terrible the next day.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived