Overeating?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place; I was not sure where to put it.

I feel as though I am maybe eating too much? I see descriptions/pictures of what other people are eating and compared to what I am having it just seems so little. I am trying to stick to recommended amounts but I find if I do not have multiple portions of fruit/starchy vegetables a day I am just not satisfied. I have tried eating larger portions of nonstarchy vegetables but I am just SO HUNGRY. I feel like today I overdid eating and am going to try to be extra mindful of portions and such tomorrow. I think I am getting adequate protein and fat... am I just overeating or tired or something? Or could it be that I am just naturally going to be hungrier than others?

For reference, I am 19 years old, 5'5", 111 lbs (as of Friday at least), and recently weight restored from anorexia. I also weight train 3 hours a week and run/walk 4 hours a week.

• Moderators

There are a ton of people who say things are whole30 when they don't necessarily match up with the meal template. Be very careful about which meals you compare yours to. If you look at the meal template (you can download it here:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/), you'll see that each meal needs to look like this: 

- a piece or two of protein, each about the size of the palm of your hand (length, width, and height), or if eggs are your only protein, have as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, which is probably 3-4 (see this thread:  https://forum.whole30.com/topic/20964-what-a-serving-of-eggs-looks-like/).

- one or two servings of fat as outlined on the template, so that could be oil or an oil-based dressing or sauce, or a heaping handful or two of olives or coconut flakes, or a small closed handful of nuts and seeds, or 1/3 to 1/2 a can of full-fat coconut milk, or half to a whole avocado. 

- fill your plate with vegetables. These can be any vegetables. Starchy, non starchy, whatever. They're all vegetables,  eat lots of them. People who need to lose weight may opt to eat less starchy veg and more non-starchy, people who are very active or who are trying to maintain or gain weight may eat more starchy vegetables, it is different for everyone and you are welcome to eat as many starchy vegetables as you want or need. 

- fruit. For best results, we recommend limiting fruit to not more than two servings a day. Prioritize vegetables, but have fruit too if you want it. If you want more than two servings a day, that is fine. The two servings guideline is just a recommendation, not a rule. 

You have stated in other posts that you are hungry, that you are weak and shaky. These are signs you are likely not eating enough. 

Archived